• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Very quiet ?

Tasi

Reaction score
Gee, its gone quiet over there .I'm waiting for some more nylon tubeing
to turn up .Any one got anything on the go?

Or as the saying goes "Whats goin on ?"

Exactly. Don't forget, it's our summer right now. Everyone's out riding. At least when the mercury momentarily falls below 100º, that is.

:mrgreen:

Ahh .Yep cold here ,even in Queensland and just past the shortest day .
Had a boring trip to do the other day .Why be cold and bored so i took
the car .Police infested hwy with bouble demerit points weekend .:eek2:

Dingo Sanctuary ,thats just up the road from me. Fraser Island .

Helping my dad move display cases from one shop to mom's antique shop over the weekend.

Bought a new bicycle from REI (Novara Randonee touring road bike) and riding it at least 20 miles daily. Trying to get outa shape......

SV650 needed tires, but I put my BT016 track day wheels back on to buy me time and the ability to ride something.

Bent rim issue on the Bandit is still an issue. They've had my replacement rim for over a week now, but the dealership wants to make me wait until they get the check from the insurance company before releasing the wheel to me.

So you have to wait .Your better mannered than me ,I ve done hundreds
of insurance claims for people ( Stained Glass ) but never heared of
that one .Time to go in and make some noise .Fair is fair and thats not .
Well in OZ anyway .

TK, I hear you guys are getting some serious dog days already. 117 in Childress, according to the news yesterday!!!!! Lubbock is so hot that my sister-in-law packed the trailer yesterday & headed to Red River for refuge. It's a mere 100 around Arlington, but yesterday was not a comfortable day on the freeways.

TK, I hear you guys are getting some serious dog days already. 117 in Childress, according to the news yesterday!!!!! Lubbock is so hot that my sister-in-law packed the trailer yesterday & headed to Red River for refuge. It's a mere 100 around Arlington, but yesterday was not a comfortable day on the freeways.

We had a stretch of nine days with temperatures exceeding 105. Combined with 25 mile-per-hour winds, going outside is like walking into a blast furnace. Niiiiiice.

Dingo Sanctuary,thats just up the road from me. Fraser Island.

Yep, there's a well-known one in Bargo, as well. It's weird to talk to someone who actually knows what a dingo sanctuary actually is. Here in Texas, most people think I just made the term up.

:mrgreen:

Dingo Sanctuary? A refuge for Australian dogs? A cool place to escape the dog days of summer?

Lots of trouble with Dingo's on Fraser Island at the moment .Their hungry
and bighting kids .They will U them and push them towards the bush (kids )

Allso a great ,great Oz band ..."The Dingo's"

trying to get school work done early so I can enjoy my Barber track day in 10 days.....not like I'm counting or anything....okay, yes I am!

trying to get school work done early so I can enjoy my Barber track day in 10 days.....not like I'm counting or anything....okay, yes I am!

So how was your track days at Barber? I keep thinking I want to take the Bandit over one day and try it myself. Took my Son there for his 1st time this past weekend and just about filled up my digital camera with taking so many pictures :mrgreen: That museum is probably the best motorsport museum in the USA, if not the world. And we live just a few hours away.......

David

Yup...Tasi, it's hot out here in Texas...By 12 a.m. it's still usually over 90 degrees F...

Reached 97 here today, and supposed to be 99 on Thursday and 100 on Friday. And, unlike much of Texas, it's humid! Definitely not motorcycle weather. Not even top-down convertible weather.

So how was your track days at Barber? I keep thinking I want to take the Bandit over one day and try it myself. Took my Son there for his 1st time this past weekend and just about filled up my digital camera with taking so many pictures :mrgreen: That museum is probably the best motorsport museum in the USA, if not the world. And we live just a few hours away.......

David

I know what you mean, my camera cried I took so many. The Bandit can run consistent 2:10s without a problem which is plenty fast for the Novice group and some Intermediate groups. Since no one joined me this time around I left her at home and just took the track bike.

Reached 97 here today, and supposed to be 99 on Thursday and 100 on Friday. And, unlike much of Texas, it's humid! Definitely not motorcycle weather. Not even top-down convertible weather.

I didn't know Virginia was that humid so since you mentioned it I went to my link that I use to check my weather and typed in fairfax, VA...Good night! says it's going to be 98 with 60% humidity...That's gotta be miserable..On the plus side it's a beautiful state with lots of green trees.:sun:

We don't see a lot of 60% humidity days down here ;-) . Fixing to take off for a Fam Reunion in Jackson, MN and was checking weather up there. Been running in the 90's with 90% humidity. LOL! Looks like I'll feel right at home all the way up. After the beating I took on da Bandit a few weeks ago in 110 degree with 30 to 40 mph side winds for a few days, it's me and da Truck on this run. ;-)

Yep, Fairfax is just a bit west of Washington, DC which was built on a swamp. Near a major river (the Potomac) and a couple of smaller ones, and not far from the Chesapeake bay. The mid-Atlantic is humidity central in the summer.

I've been worse places, though, like Houston, and much of Japan.

We don't see a lot of 60% humidity days down here ;-) . Fixing to take off for a Fam Reunion in Jackson, MN and was checking weather up there. Been running in the 90's with 90% humidity. LOL! Looks like I'll feel right at home all the way up. After the beating I took on da Bandit a few weeks ago in 110 degree with 30 to 40 mph side winds for a few days, it's me and da Truck on this run. ;-)

Truck or not, you be careful and drink a lot of water. The heat indexes in those areas are horrendous.

This morning it was 79 degrees with a Dewpoint of 77. That's about as close to 100% humidity as you can get without being in a fog bank. Miserable!

Yeah, but you don't get the joys of having 30 degree temps and snow in the winter! ;)

Oh yes I do. ;)

AfternoonSnow002.jpg

MoreSnow001.jpg

Wednesday , coming North in Louisiana and Arkansas, very hot and humid. Even in the truck. Very few bikes seen on the road in Arkansas which is usually a magnet for bikes. Out of the few dozen I did see, only about 4 had helmets on. Several thermo signs with 105 to 107 on them. Better day Thursday back roading Missouri and into Iowa. Just in the 90's with lots of 40% humidity. Sure makes a difference.
Pros and Cons for me on Truck travel vs Motorcycle travel.
Truck . no fun in the corners, limited visibility, harder to take pictures, very hard to pass others and not in touch with the land smells and temp changes. But, air conditioning is greatly nice, not fighting side winds, not near so tired after 500 miles days on my old body.
Bike > just one heck of lot more fun everywhere but fighting high temps and side winds. Can't do near the miles due to fighting heat, hydration and maintaining body core temps.

It was about 80 and humid today around 8:30 when I got to work. Suppose to be 98+ from noon to about 6 pm. This is in Connecticut btw! :giveup:

Back