• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ian "Mudshark" Becker, Frisco, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Roald
Last Name
van Antwerpen
Roald "Mudshark" van Antwerpen, Frisco, TX

Well I just read the "Lurkers" post and got a guilty twinge..... I've been
lurking around this board for quite a while now, so I figured it was time
to join in and come out of hiding. The nickname came from my offroading days,
when it rained I loved it.
BTW, thanks for a great site, you have a good crowd here and lots of good
info.
Roald.
Here's some pic's of my wife and I.... and my bikes:
mydr650se.jpg

MeXR41.JPG

and the wife... by far the best looking thing I've ever had on my bike: :mrgreen:
svaxr40.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Hello from Frisco

Jack Giesecke said:
Nice bike! I'd like to have another big DP bike. Sold my old XL600R a while back. All I got for DP is a little Chinese 200 now. It's cool, but it ain't very fast.

Thanks Jack, hows that Chinese bike holding out? I was thinking of maybe getting
one as a spare (I've seen them for under $900.00) It would be nice to have
when I get friends over from out of state and we feel the need for a ride.

Welcome there, Frisco-person!

Man, that bike looks too clean to have 15000 miles!

Check out the upcoming events section - there is a Meet & Greet every Thursday night in Plano...

Great looking bike! Welcome!

Mudshark said:
Thanks Jack, hows that Chinese bike holding out? I was thinking of maybe getting
one as a spare (I've seen them for under $900.00) It would be nice to have
when I get friends over from out of state and we feel the need for a ride.

It works great! I've sold five. I was selling 'em for 1500 new out of the crate, decided to ride this one a while. I can use it down at my place where I have to ride in on a 4x4 (at best) road when it's wet. A couple of the ones I sold are used daily for 8 mile commutes to a local plant. One of 'em, a CMRA friend bought to ride off road with his kid. It's still going strong and he doesn't baby it. The fit of some of the parts is below Japanese quality, the electrical wiring is a little cheezy, but the motors seem to be Honda XR designs and they're solid as a rock. When you get these things in the crate, they'll usually be missing a bolt or something. One had a cracked battery in it. One had a rear wheel whose rim wasn't particularly tight. I had to true the friggin' thing. :rolleyes: But, I have yet to find one with a motor issue. I'm pretty impressed by that.

The one I have is from http://www.diamousa.com . They're in Sugarland. Parts get here in a couple of days. Pretty neat deal. I've quit dealing 'em. Might be dealing some Chinese ATVs over at the shop in Edna, soon, but I'm off the bike thing for a while. I've still got a couple of auto clutch XR70 clones here and a Z50 clone if anyone wants a deal before Christmas. Great for kids or pit bikes. I'll take a loss on 'em to get 'em gone. Things have gotten cheap. These, though, are exact Honda clones and parts will interchange with Honda parts.

BTW, check out that 600 sportbike they show "coming in six weeks". I'll have to go check on of those things out when they get 'em in. Ain't ready to sell the SV for one, but I get all kinds of guys coming by here wanting to buy sport bikes. Some of 'em aren't really serious. I mean, when a kid walks up and asks, "Hey man, you got any ninja bikes that dat one (points to my SV) for sale?", well, you gotta figure he's a punk. :rofl:

Last edited:
I sat on a DR650 when the bike show was over in Fort Worth and was surprised to find the suspension settled enough for me to get both feet on the ground at once. Not flat, but at least down. It's good to know a local guinea pig who has some miles on one. I know some day I'm going to want more CC's than my little Sherpa can give me.

buck000 said:
Hey, Ian, what kind of tires do you run? Just curious...

I still run the stock Trailwings, not too good in mud and loose sand but
really great on the road and any other kind of dirt. Plus you get good milage
out of them.

Back