• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

John the Baptized

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Three (Not So)Wise Men followed the dimly lit Star of Adventure over the 4th of July weekend, until it stopped over the Ozark National Forest. New dual sport roads were revealed to us with our baptism in the River Mulberry. The Great Adventure Dude in the Sky shined a bright light on us and a loud voice from above said, "Hey, did you know adventure gear floats?"

1107-085-1-L.jpg

My brothers, the final Beyond Epic recon is now complete. We Three Wisenheimers have returned with stories of hills, thrills, and spills to whet your adventure appetite before the real deal coming up on Labor Day weekend.

Last edited:
Three (Not So)Wise Men followed the dimly lit Star of Adventure over the 4th of July weekend, until it stopped over the Ozark National Forest. New dual sport roads were revealed to us with our baptism in the River Mulberry. The Great Adventure Dude in the Sky shined a bright light on us and a loud voice from above said, "Hey, did you know adventure gear floats?"

1107-085-1-L.jpg

My brothers, the final Beyond Epic recon is now complete. We Three Wisenheimers have returned with stories of hills, thrills, and spills to whet your adventure appetite before the real deal coming up on Labor Day weekend.

Quit makin me laugh, my ribs hurt!

Shouldn't John have been the baptizer in this case?

Shouldn't John have been the baptizer in this case?

No way! John's a big 'ol sinner - rides too fast, takes too many chances, and crashes in mudholes. I am positively angelic in comparison.

The Somewhat Mighty Adventure Dude in the Sky was pleased with the way we did it. As John rose from the water Dude said in a loud voice from above, "Good job, John. Go forth and crash no more (today)."

Quit makin me laugh, my ribs hurt!

You think yours hurts,I'm going in to see the doctor at 2:45 today!I also have numerous bruises and contusions,a sore throat,banged up knee and Lord know what else. You two like to have killed me,or maybe it was myself...........I dunno? Hey Richard,you ready for the action shot? I'll get some pictures up later on today.

I've never heard of John the Adventurer/Baptizer/Baptizee crashing. It was my understanding he was always the one to pick the others up and fix their bikes and find the correct route AND find the water.

When Sam Houston was in his later years, he became a Christian. When the preacher pulled him up out of the water, he said, "Sam, all your sins are washed away."

Sam, who knew he had led a sinful life said, "Lord help the fishes!"

I've never heard of John the Adventurer/Baptizer/Baptizee crashing.

John the Baptized can ride the wheels of his motorcycle and never fall down. :rider:

But before he was so recently converted, John the Sinner...well, let's say he didn't always keep the rubber side down. :trust:
IMG1061edited-1-M.jpg

Falling down is the least of it. If all he did was fall down once every leap year or so, things would have been just fine. But John the Sinner specialized in getting others to join him in his sins. It always starts off easy and sweet but in a short period of time you find yourself in over your head, lost in the woods, ain't seen a road in several hours, not even a hint of a trail in front of you, sweating, cursing, and wondering how the heck did he do this to you again. All in the name of fun, of course.

When you finally get back to civilization you've got to pour the ice water out of your boots and then try to find a heater to stand next too in the hope of getting your core body temperature up to at least double digits before your fingers suffer irreversible frost bite.
IMG1098-M.jpg

Of course, now that he has seen the light and repented from his evil ways we won't have to worry about all that stuff anymore. Sure. No question about it. Not a thing in the world to worry about...
:lol2:

Last edited:
Maybe somebody tripped him? Or maybe it was his evil twin brother that snuck in there. And if you did get lost then it had to be his evil twin brother. No doubt.

And ice cubes and cold in July in Arkansas? Frost bite? Now I know it was his evil twin brother and you ended up somewhere way north of Arkansas.

And ice cubes and cold in July in Arkansas? Frost bite? Now I know it was his evil twin brother and you ended up somewhere way north of Arkansas.

Good point. Those shots were from our trip there this past March. It's amazing how cold you can get when you are soaking wet and the ambient temp is in the 50s.

Riding with John the Sinner in hot weather leads to heat injuries, dehydration, and a helmet full of spiders.

Now you are getting me scared of him. And he seems like such a nice guy.

1107-085-1-L.jpg

I must have a copy of the original so I can crop it to fit on the front page! :lol2:

If it's on the map and It's on the GPS then it has to be a road.......right?

VIDEO
th_100_0463.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how miserable it was back in that jungle. I was starting to have flash backs! :eek2:

Back