• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PHOTO ASSIGNMENT #61 - Coffee (COMMENTS)

ed29

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
Use this thread for posting your comments, and/or current/prior work for Assignment #61 Coffee

Coffee subject can be the beans, the grounds, the brewing equipment, or the finished product. This leads the assignment more towards a staged photo rather than catching life as it goes by. Anything from a simple cup of Joe to a Mocha-frappa-java-latte-caramel-whipped-grande can be the subject.

Staging shots is not one of my strengths, so by choosing this I hope to learn a few pointers from the submissions. Post processing is allowed.

Motorcycles are purely optional on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be fun... I know Tim_K has a great 'morning' coffee shot he's shared with us. My wheels are turning on this one already....

So I'm still working on concepts as I haven't made it out yet. Just been busy. But I did find one "product" staged type shot in archives. Russell's Coffeehouse/Austin.

796292222_HWcy3-L-1.jpg

This will be fun... I know Tim_K has a great 'morning' coffee shot he's shared with us. My wheels are turning on this one already....

This was my fave. How many of you can say your coffee smiled back at you:

2010-0118-018b.jpg

My Turkish coffee rig. Turkish is great in the summer when you want a little bit of coffee that goes a looooooooong way:

2010-0108-008b.jpg

My morning coffee at the OST in Bandera:

ostcoffee.jpg

Lastly, not coffee per se, but here are the lamps at Starbucks:

2010-0207-038.jpg

Playing with the camera this morning before even sipping the coffee.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Less than a week to go on this one and there are no entries yet. Think I will toss one of these over there to get the pump primed.

Playing with a new app on my phone at work. Post processing filter done from within the app.

attachment.php

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 353
I'm thinking tonight is "coffee night" to go see what I can create. :photo:

I should be getting my order of Juan Valdez later today so I'll have some beans to play with for a while...(yeah, that sounded strange).

I had thought about this one, but unless you know how coffee is roasted, it's just 'a machine' picture.

i-nZbCWsr-L.jpg

Tweaking my shot in I-Photo on a break here...

Original seems too stark, cold, uninviting. Not warm like coffee.

IMG_0498.jpg

Playing with the saturation, brightness, and tone gives this...

IMG_0498b.jpg

Further fooling with effects...

IMG_0498c.jpg

Warmer, but too far?

Saturday morning in Boston. Somebody nameless forgot to take their big boy camera. Shot with a Samsung Captivate. Edited in Picnik.

2011-07-30%25252007.06.20.jpg

Poo Yii! Amost forgot about this one. Had to drum up something fastly. Wanted to include the coffee type also but the better pic was without it. So!

Ed - have you considered a tighter crop of the mug/contents? ie: eliminating some of the clutter on the top right and just focus on coffee, rim, cup/handle edge? :trust:

In spite of the heat, I think I'm going back out into the night this evening to see what I can come up with. Ruta Maya and Joe's Coffee, both on South Congress Ave. come to mind.... And Home Depot :deal:

Like this???

IMG_0498d.jpg

Can't get all of the clutter out of the top right corner, but it is better. Thanks!

This was my fave. How many of you can say your coffee smiled back at you:

2010-0118-018b.jpg

Now another one of my Kreitz favorites. And I have a lot of Kreitz favorites. Some even framed at put up on the walls at Casa Tricepilot.

Tim, if you can render this with the plate not chopped, please PM me. I just like that Joe's attitude in that shot.

Winner.

Like this???

Yeah, but I'd be curious to see it even tighter. Nobody says you have to have that full round rim, right? :trust:

Hope you don't mind, but this was what I was thinking...
i-CRrFjtD-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back