• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Cow Parade, what a "Thriller" it was...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
The Dell Children's Hospital hosted what's known as the Cow Parade. A fundraiser whereby sponsors purchase a blank cow, and through a jury'd selection process, hook up with an artist to decorate/paint the cow as submitted.

Along with the cows was a side show that had a line from one end of the Long Center to the other - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" jacket, one of two made. One was on display here, recently purchased for $1,800,000 at auction (the buyer was identified as Milton Verret, a commodities trader from Austin, Texas, who plans to have the jacket tour and be displayed at children's hospitals around the globe to raise money for their children's charities.) The other was destroyed for the final scenes in the video, yet is on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Here's a few shots I was able to capture this evening.

Austin, 1900hrs and still 102*F
DSC1812-L.jpg

$1.8 Million dollars worth of jacket
DSC1823-L.jpg

MOO-sy IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS
DSC1847-L.jpg

CRAYOLA COW
DSC1875-L.jpg

I'VE GOT THE MOOSIC IN ME
DSC1892-L.jpg

2015hrs and it's still HOT out in river city...
DSC1959-L.jpg

What a way to finish off the night... Love me some P. Terry's
DSC1960-L.jpg

102 degrees that late in the day - ahhh, summer in Austin - and from the looks of the flag, not a breeze.

Great photos! The one along the lake is fantastic. :clap:

Nice . . .
I like how P.Terry's stands out against the dark sky.

Thanks Camilo.... I appreciate it!

....and they make an awesome double cheeseburger with jalapeno's too.:eat:

Back