• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Guide to Motorcycle Roads in Texas (and all the rest of not-Texas)

richb

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
I found this surfing the Interwebs tonight:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/tx.html

It has color coded roads, submitted by riders, categorized as Scenic; Sweeping Curves; Twisties; and Unpaved.

I was looking for a riding goal for my new (to me) sport touring bike. I think I am going to ride every twisty road in Texas from end to end. They define a twisty road as one which has switchbacks or is 'left, right, left, right,' etc.

Should be a hoot.

I'm pretty sure that's been posted before. However, I was just thinking about needing to find this site again yesterday, however I was too lazy to go searching for it, so thanks for posting it up. :mrgreen:

You're welcome. I just found it yesterday and couldn't find it here.

I had no idea some of these roads existed near me.

Hey Guys,
I am surprised the roads around Belleville and Fayetteville are not mentioned.:zen:

Thanks. That's a pretty good resource. The one thing I have noticed though, not only with this map but pretty much every other map like this that I have come across, is that I NEVER find any unpaved/dirt roads plotted for the DFW area.

Back