• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

94 XR650L motor in an 86 XL600R frame

I think you're going to have to do some welding and perhaps some moving of frame tubes, but really don't know for sure. You WILL have to weld mounts for a radiator. The XL is air cooled.

I sorta wish I'd kept my old XL. I'd be very tempted to put 19s on it for dirt track tires and work the frame over and freshen up the motor, if I had, though. I wasn't using it much on the street after losing my job. I rode it out there because of the poor environment. It was a rough bike anyway and I didn't care if it got crud on it every night at work. I didn't like taking my SV out there in that place.

I don't have the measurments of the motor but I am hoping the XR650L is just a 600 with a bigger cylinder sleeve and maybe longer stroke....The XR650L is also and air cooled motor so I don't have to worry about the radiator...That would have been way to much to fabricate mounts for....

Crackin said:
I don't have the measurments of the motor but I am hoping the XR650L is just a 600 with a bigger cylinder sleeve and maybe longer stroke....The XR650L is also and air cooled motor so I don't have to worry about the radiator...That would have been way to much to fabricate mounts for....

Is this Jeff?

It will fit.

Howdy Crackin :wave:

Welcome to the site!

How about Jigsaw... as in a combination of pieces... ;-)

Mmm, I was thinking of the new XRs, water cooled ones. Those look like all new motors, water cooled. Not sure when they got water cooling.

Or maybe I'm nuts. I thought they'd water cooled the new ones, but googling some XRs, I don't see it. Oh well, gives me something to look at next trip to the Honda dealer.

Last edited:
Back