• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy

Scrat

Reaction score
Nice site y'all have here. Mind if a cruiser rider joins in? I have been through some of the posts here and this looks like a good place to visit and maybe find some folks to ride with on occasion.

I was going to 'lurk' a little longer but something was said on a post by the site admin that I needed to address.

Tourmeister, you said in an earlier post that without the Constitution we had no rights (I know I'm paraphrasing) unless I misunderstood your post. There is something about that statement that I felt a need to point out.

We have ALL the rights as given to us by God. The Constitution does not GRANT rights it simply protects rights. This is why the framers of the Constitution were afraid to include the Bill of Rights. They were afraid that we would forget that we had other rights than what they wrote on the parchment. Unfortunately all to often that has happened in our society. They even provided for that in the Constitution by telling us that all rights not granted to the states were given to the people. Not exact wording but close enough. Unless there is a law passed to prevent something then you do, in fact, have that right as given to you by God.

Our founding fathers, while very wise, knew that they could not possibly include all the rights that we have as humans in any document but they felt strongly enough about some of our rights as to completely protect them from gov't intervention with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Sorry for this being so long but it was something that I just had to say. Hope you will forgive me.

Again, hope y'all don't mind a cruiser rider coming in to play every once in awhile! Y'all look like a goodly sort.

Ride hard, Die saved!
KC

I beleive what Scott was saying is that without it, we have no rights as Americans....

The Human right aspect opens up a huge can of worms....

Texmex1,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the sentence that I was referring to. Maybe I'm misreading it ...

Do not confuse a Right with a Liberty. Rights are specifically spelled out in the Constitution. You have no "rights" otherwise! Rights cannot be taken away willy nilly. However, it seems they can be created willy nilly!

I don't believe that Rights are specifically spelled out in the Constitution. They chose certain rights to make SURE that they were protected. As a matter of fact the first 10 were not called 'amendments' for that very reason they were called 'Articles' so that the people would realize that nothing was being ameneded and that these 10 were part of, not seperate from, the Constitution.

As long as people realize that the Constitution does not grant rights it only protects them I have no problem with it.

Too bad I have to work. Sure would be nice to be out criusing the backroads.

Ride hard, Die saved!
KC

Well,

Sorry to interupt your forum here ladies and gentlemen. I guess you DO mind if a cruiser rider joins in with you.

Just to point out ... the wave was initiated by a Harley rider and was not reciprocated by the sport/tourers.

Ride safe and maybe I'll get a better response from y'all on the road (I hope). I ride somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 miles a year so I will probably see some of you at some time.

Ride hard, Die saved!
KC

Scrat,

Here's one sporty bike rider waving back... :)

I'm just reading this, I have no real opinion on the discussion...

Howdy Scrat,

:tab Crusier riders are welcome. However this is an open forum and thare are a few folks here that seem to have trouble with people of differing opinions. I try to moderate the posts as much as I can to keep the flaming down to a dull roast but it takes quite a bit of my time. I say this just in the hope that if flaming starts, you'll take it with a grain of salt and not quit the forum.

:tab Regarding the comments about rights, Texmex1 is correct that I was not referring to God given rights. However, the Christian worldview is not as widely accepted nowdays so I chose to leave that issue alone. My point is that people seem to have an entitlement attitude where they attach the lable "Right" in the hopes of gaining more support to their claims to entitlement. As an example, "We have a right to welfare provided by the government." Or, "I have a right to do whatever the heck I please whenever I want and wherever I want regardless of what anyone else thinks!" The Constitution does not support such thinking.

:tab As far as the God given rights... well, I'd be thrilled to spend an evening or afternoon shooting the breeze about this topic and others. But I won't get into it here.

Sorry to interupt your forum here ladies and gentlemen. I guess you DO mind if a cruiser rider joins in with you.

:tab Did I miss something? I've got no problem with cruisers, Harleys, Mopeds or anything else. What I do have a problem with is snobbishness and major attitude. However, these attitudes are by no means unique to the cruiser culture. Many sportbikers do the same thing. I'd like to think that everyone can be adult enough to get beyond the stereotypes and just relate to the people. To that end, I often find myself even waving at cars and trucks hehe.

Adios,

Buck000 thanks for the return!

Tourmeister,

No, I wouldn't leave because someone had a differing opinion. That is what makes the world go around right? If we all had the same opinion then y'all would be on Harley's .... well, in a perfect world. (that's a joke for the humor impaired)

I was a little put off by no one making an attempt to welcome a 'newbie'. Maybe I expect too much. I know that I put the howdy in with something that dealt with another message so maybe that threw people off. I thought that maybe my opinion had offended some on here already and as a newbie I was expendable.

Me, I'm just a rider. I like to ride and I do a lot of it. I don't care what kind of bikes are leading or following me as long as we are all on 2 wheels. I am the road captain for our chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association and I ride with Cut-N-Shoot HOG when I can. They mostly ride on Saturday's and I work all Saturdays so I don't hook up with them too often.

Hope I haven't offended anyone and I hope to see you on the road!

Ride hard, Die saved!
KC

Welcome aboard Scrat. Sometimes it's a good thing to be able to slip unnoticed into a group of two wheeled Texian crazies. You never know when you might be stuck carrying a knife into a gunfight.

Timing is everything and there were some tragic posts of late that may have distracted us from our normally hearty welcomes and hoo-waahs. Nothing personal.

Dave.

Hi Scrat!

You're handle sounds vaguely familiar... :mrgreen:

No, I wouldn't leave because someone had a differing opinion. That is what makes the world go around right? If we all had the same opinion then y'all would be on Harley's .... well, in a perfect world. (that's a joke for the humor impaired)

:tab Unfortunately, we seem to have just lost a new member because of the loud pipes debate that was going on in the "No Motorcycles Allowed" thread. He checked out before I could get a chance to speak with him. Differing opinions I have no trouble with, it is the people that cannot seem to separate their feelings towards another person from the opinions held by that person. Thus their arguments get personal. I will have to really watch that and be firm about not allowing such childish behavior. :pound:

I was a little put off by no one making an attempt to welcome a 'newbie'. Maybe I expect too much. I know that I put the howdy in with something that dealt with another message so maybe that threw people off. I thought that maybe my opinion had offended some on here already and as a newbie I was expendable.

:tab Yeah, that kind of threw me even hehe. Most folks post their intro as a new post or in the Introductions forum. Also, as another poster mentioned, we are in the middle of a bad situation. One of our friends was killed last week on FM 149 a few miles East of Richards. The funeral was today. So for the record... WELCOME!! :chug:

Adios,

Thank y'all very much. Sorry it took me so long to reply but things have been going a little crazy on this end.

I'm very sorry that y'all lost one of your own. I know how that feels and hate that anyone has to go through that.

I will drop in from time to time to say howdy and see how y'all are. Maybe I will run across you on the road someday.

Sorry to come in the way I did ...

Ride hard, Die saved!
KC

Back