• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

cool running(help)

Reaction score
First Name
brian
Last Name
macke
hi guys! got a question for ya. when my 07 bandit 1250s engine is cool with a full tank and it has been sitting in the sun all day it will cut out intermently when slowly going threw the gears. it only does it when the tank is full and will go away when i give it more gas. i just replaced the fuel pump, the tank is clean, new plugs and it has 11,000mi on it and it was doing it before the pump and plugs. PLEASE HELP!, this is bugging me to death. thanks.

Sounds like gas is expanding into the overflow and into the evap system. I've had that on BMW's before I learned NOT to fill it all the way and just park it in the sun or with a hot engine. I've never filled a bike up all the way since and not get down the road to burn some of it down.

When you replaced the fuel pump did you replace all the bits as one
or just the round pump part .?

Others have reported similar behavior, and achesley is on track, I think. There seem to be a couple of solutions: don't fill the tank all the way up before parking; don't park it in the hot sun; disconnect the line from the charcoal canister back to the intake, and instead route it out the bottom of the bike, with the other overflow tubes; remove the vacuum canister and evap system entirely.

The last 2 options will entail plugging vacuum lines.

yea i replaced the entire fuel pump ***. and i'll try not filling it up all the way. i'll let you know what i find out. is there anything special i need to know if i remove the entire evap system? thanks for the help. and if anybody has any good ideas for a 2-1 exhaust system for a B.S.A. oif cafe(71 Lightning with a sweet!! euro tank) i would love to hear them. thanks again!

Back