• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250s handlebars

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I just got my 2007 Bandit about a month ago and so far I love everything about it except when I go for a long ride my wrists get a little sore and I was just wondering if anyone has tried different bars for this bike maybe with a different bend that would help that or maybe I should just get the risers.To me they don't really feel to low,maybe just the way they turn in or something but I'm not really sure.Thanks.

Thanks,a lot of good information there to read through,but it does sound like those Daytona bars would help,I think it is the way the stock bars are bent that causes most of it.

You might consider risers to get some weight off the bars. Worked for me. I'm doing 2" ROX risers at present.

You might consider risers to get some weight off the bars. Worked for me. I'm doing 2" ROX risers at present.

Or if you're a cheapskate (like me), you could try these:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...lebars-Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=25849

They aren't adjustable like the ROX, they aren't pretty like the ROX, and don't dampen vibes like the ROX, but.. they're only $20. Plus, that's about as much slack as you have in the lines on an ABS anyway.

trey

I think I'll try both and those Tusk risers look like they would be enough for me,I guess that"s about 1 1/8 inch rise which would probably make a big difference along with those Daytona bars and I'm not really concerned to much about vibration on this bike,this is about the smoothest and nicest bike Iv'e ever owned.And hopefully my lines and cables will be long enough,mine doesn't have ABS.

With just going up 1" , you will not have any problems with the cables and hoses. the GenMar 1.5 up and 1.5 back make it tight on the hoses but easy enough to take them off and reroute. For the 2" Rox, you have to reroute as it's just too tight. I had the GenMars for about 30,000 or so miles before going to the ROX 2". I didn't notice any change in vibes as it's a solid mount setup. If you go with new bars that are not as swept back at the stockers, then you pretty much back to the same lean angle for your body. With , very little weight difference on your wrists. My old body wants comfort. LOL!

My cheap ebay 1" risers made a HUGE difference for me. Took my wrist and shoulder pain away! :rider:

rotating the stock bars down a little did the trick for me. I still plan to put a bit of riser under them though cuz I sometimes honk the horn at full lock

Does raising the bars change the steering "geometry"? Does it negatively effect hitting the twisties at speed?

Achesley,so were you able to use those 2" Rox risers just by re routing the cables and not by lenghthening anything because I saw those for sale on Amazon for $60 witch is a good price although I'm not sure what shipping is.I see how those would give you a lot of adjustment.

The sweep back in the stock bars like most is what caused me wrist pain after about 50 miles of riding, and this was also a major complaint from the magazines that tested the 1250 when it came out, and the height of the bars was not mentioned as a problem with the stock bars, only the bend of them.

I switched to the Daytona bars which immediately fixed the problem, and after over 38,000 miles they still work great, and I have no risers of any kind.

I would recommend going the cheaper route of installing new bars and see if that fixes the problem for you, and you won't have to bother with possibly having to get longer cables and lines.

Achesley,so were you able to use those 2" Rox risers just by re routing the cables and not by lenghthening anything because I saw those for sale on Amazon for $60 witch is a good price although I'm not sure what shipping is.I see how those would give you a lot of adjustment.

Yes on the rerouting. The front brake would be the tightest.

I would recommend going the cheaper route of installing new bars and see if that fixes the problem for you, and you won't have to bother with possibly having to get longer cables and lines.

Or, do as Fifty did and just bend them forward a bit. Years ago we did that really often.
The bend of the stockers didn't bother me. I just wanted to sit more upright ( which bending or putting new straighter ones on would of added to the forward lean for me ). Also , improved fit of bars while standing on the pegs on gravel or ruff roads. I really do treat my bandit as a dual sport at times. Even though, it doesn't do it as well as my KLR650. :rider::trust::trust:

Attachments

• IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,864
Back