• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Starting the search for scooter project

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
I just can't resist any longer. I want a scooter to screw with and ride around town. I'm going to set my criteria as follows:
Initial cost: 500.00 or less
Size: 100cc or larger
Total costs to get riding: 600.00 or less

My first thought was to get one of the many Chinese brands because they are 750.00 new for a 150cc.

A little concerned from what I have read on forums as to the electrical problems a lot of owners are having. I like fixing mechanical problems, but hate electrical problems.

I'm lurking on Craigslist and Ebay for a target. Hopefully as the winter weather approaches I can snag one from someone that has lost interest.

If I see something out there I will give a shout.

I saw a Silverwing posted earlier today on TWT. Don't believe I saw a price. Probably a little higher than your budget.

I have this low budget for a reason. I want to really do some mods to the scooter and make it pretty wild. I won't feel so bad if I make a total mess of a low budget project.

I have a 150cc knock off and it serves its purpose well.
Posted via Mobile Device

My searching is revealing the following:
Buy new Chinese 150cc scooter for 650.00

Used scooter ads follow this general profile. 2007, battery dead, haven't run in several months, probably needs carb work and or sparkplug. 500.00.

I'm going to visit one of these used bikes, but I can't imagine paying more than 400.00 for a bike as described above. Even at 400.00 it is questionable whether it is better deal than 650.00 for a new one.

Ill sell you one of my scooters. Its a 150cc GY6 scooter, Dark Grey in Color. I simply dont have the time to fix but have most of the parts.

I just can't resist any longer. I want a scooter to screw with and ride around town. I'm going to set my criteria as follows:
Initial cost: 500.00 or less
Size: 100cc or larger
Total costs to get riding: 600.00 or less

My first thought was to get one of the many Chinese brands because they are 750.00 new for a 150cc.

A little concerned from what I have read on forums as to the electrical problems a lot of owners are having. I like fixing mechanical problems, but hate electrical problems.

I'm lurking on Craigslist and Ebay for a target. Hopefully as the winter weather approaches I can snag one from someone that has lost interest.

You always here the bad but never the good. They dont have that many problems and most are caused by shoddy workmanship by the dealer selling them. I just fixed one today with "electrical" issues. Turns out the dealer put it all together and bolted the negative battery cable to the painted frame without cleaning the paint off at that spot:doh: It was only getting a partial ground and was hard starting and would barely run. Some people i tell ya...:scratch:

Do I just come over to your business to see it?

Yeah. Give me a call to make sure I'm there as I'm in and out alot

I've also got stereo specifically made for the bike including 4 integrated speakers, iPod hookup, and a 8" subwoofer, I'll throw in for the right price.

Last edited:
Yeah. Give me a call to make sure I'm there as I'm in and out alot

I've also got stereo specifically made for the bike including 4 integrated speakers, iPod hookup, and a 8" subwoofer, I'll throw in for the right price.

I'll give you a call next week. I'm tied up this week.
Rick

Here's a scooter project for ya Rick. :lol2:

IMG_80311024-1.jpg

I have a honda elite 80 I've thought of selling, I'll have to ask the misses, she might want to use it to learn how to ride. Not really much of a project though, mostly sorted, and looks good to boot.

I have a honda elite 80 I've thought of selling, I'll have to ask the misses, she might want to use it to learn how to ride. Not really much of a project though, mostly sorted, and looks good to boot.

If you decide to sell it and the OP isn't interested, I may be.

Could you send me some details. Year, clear title, price. I'm interested.

rickmillertx at hotmail . com

Monkey Wrench Cycles and Dino: I'm getting my ducks in a row. My trailer has been in the shop getting some upgrades. I should get it back any day. Then I'll be contacting you to see if I can come look at the scooters. With the trailer, I can take the scooter with me if we agree on a deal.

Thanks

Monkey Wrench Cycles and Dino: I'm getting my ducks in a row. My trailer has been in the shop getting some upgrades. I should get it back any day. Then I'll be contacting you to see if I can come look at the scooters. With the trailer, I can take the scooter with me if we agree on a deal.

Thanks

No problem. I just ordered the rest of the parts to fix it on saturday so all it needs is put together now. All needed parts are new and accounted for.

Back