PDA

View Full Version : COG member makes his own farkles

Texas T
11-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Pretty cool if you ask me...

http://www.ldrider.ca/techpages/cncparts.htm

Tourmeister
11-24-2005, 01:28 PM
:tab Oh my GOD!!! That is too cool! I love stuff like that, hehe. What he needs next is one of those little computer controlled pattern burning machines that can burn plate material. A good bending press would help as well. Then he could go wild making custom parts. If he hits on something really popular, he could farm it out to a big shop for mass production. I need someone like that living near me ;-)

macktruckturner
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
oh dear. I do believe I've found the next I want. With a family full of engineers, and an existing knowledge of basic CAD/CAM..... oh my. while 1; available_funds--;

whoa
11-25-2005, 03:38 PM
pattern burning machines that can burn plate material.

Laser etch machine. The cool thing about this equipment, pc and programs to run them are so simple. What guy wouldn't want a cnc in the garage?

I worked for a manufacturing plant in Austin that used a lot of this type equipment. My regret is my interest in fabrication was low at the time. I'd love to be there now that I have needs.

Texas T
11-26-2005, 06:27 PM
FWIW, David's site is one of the reference bibles of the COG tech world. Tons of very worthwhile info if you ride a Connie.