• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My new to me bandit 1250s

Reaction score
Picked it up from a 55 year old man, had a little over 15k miles on and this thing was meticulously maintained. perfect shape, only one scuff on the givi side bag. I'm a youger rider with a better appreciation for sport touring bikes. Everybody rides sport bikes, I wanted something a little different. I have only been riding a little less than a year on street bikes. My starter bike was a 1982 kz 1100 z1 bike. Had way too many issues that i cared not enough to fix so I rode it for a few months and sold it and found the ol bandit and after 1 ride i was sold. This thread will be ongoing mods to the bandit as modding is in my blood. Just for starters i setup a full hid setup with 10 second time delay relay, added blue LEDs for the running lights, carbon fiber levers, 13" delkevic trioval exhaust, K&N filter just for starters. Will attach pictures as the progress goes on.
thanks all for all the info and being enthusiasts
IMG_20110709_102556.jpg

IMG_20110709_102603.jpg

IMG_20110709_102616.jpg

IMG_20110709_102636.jpg

IMG_20110709_102709.jpg

im about to order some pirelli diablo rosso's. i have the diablo stradas on there now and they held up nice, excellent grip. they lasted around 10k miles from what the owner told me. since Pirelli no longer makes the strada's the rosso and the angel diablo series are its closest replacement. I got both tires for 225$ shipped from motorcyclesuperstore.com

Really nice!That's about where mines at now,I got mine a couple of months ago and I added the side cases which are really nice.I'm really happy with this bike the way it is now except I will change the bars and add the HID lights,those are great if you do a lot of riding at night,I put them on my last bike,way better than the stock ones.This is probably the nicest,smoothest bike I have ever had.

uploaded 2 burnout videos and pictures of our ride from today of my wife's rebel, my neighbors 05 shadow 750 aero and my bandit will embed below when completed
the 3 of us at an old gas station cafe that closed down
IMG_20110910_141859.jpg

me and my bandit
th_IMG_20110910_142555.jpg

tires were about shot so i wasted em down some more. ordered some pirelli diablo rossos that will be here thursday
burnout attempt 1
th_VID_20110910_144917.jpg

burnout 2
th_VID_20110910_145148.jpg

I was going to suggest a 46t rear sprocket which I just did a few hours ago, but it looks like your rear tire might be tramatized by the mod:rofl:

Nice bike, you're going to really enjoy the Bandit's do it all nature.

give me whatever suggestions you have for sprocket changes, id like more kick off the line, being a novice rider im still working towards some wheelies, im not going to stunt this bike but want to be able to when i want to do a wheelie. im 6'5" 240lbs and rapping out 1st with a little weight toss i can barely get the tire off the ground, just enough to feel it lose contact. i dont want to KILL my mileage as i get around 45mpg hwy right now but will sacrifice 1-2 for better torque and not sacrifice too much top end

give me whatever suggestions you have for sprocket changes, id like more kick off the line, being a novice rider im still working towards some wheelies, im not going to stunt this bike but want to be able to when i want to do a wheelie. im 6'5" 240lbs and rapping out 1st with a little weight toss i can barely get the tire off the ground, just enough to feel it lose contact. i dont want to KILL my mileage as i get around 45mpg hwy right now but will sacrifice 1-2 for better torque and not sacrifice too much top end

you're mot twisting the throttle all the way back...

.....and I do NOT recommend a 1/4 turn throttle unless you want your bike to perform that peaceful elegant riderless ballet while you watch it from the ground.

I'm 275 and mine will flip me over if I let it. try whacking the throttle at 3k and work for there.

I'm 275 and mine will flip me over if I let it. try whacking the throttle at 3k and work for there.

I'm 240 in riding gear and doing what GA-Bandit said will bring my front all the way over on me. Was learned by total accident and not repeated even though I kept it from going all the way over with the rear brake. :eek2: I get a nice easy torque wheelie with the front just skimming the ground when just rolling on in first from about 2000 also. I'm sure if I pulled the secondaries, it would get much more exciting. :lol2:

i just pulled the secondaries and love it, such a nicer ride, maybe with the new filter and slip on itll make the front end stand up easier but i definately do the same thing at 2000rpm, u pop the clutch at 3000 or just lean her back and let her rip?

sounds awesome, might look into it after i get my other toy sold and get my Daily Driver where it needs to be, all my suspension is shot after 200k miles and being a 1998 suv. a little pricey but itll pay off keeping it alive to avoid a car payment and to enjoy the bandit

Nice! Those blue lights are for sure against the law. I just finished the Basic Motorcycle Safety course and that was pointed out when we were going over the most common FL statutes that are violated. Modified exhaust is also unlawful :eek2:.

The instructor is a Moto Trooper, and he said his attitude toward exhaust on cars, trucks, motorcycles is most LEOs will not bother with it if you just don't advertise it. Sitting at the stoplight with a Moto Trooper next to you do not rev the engine to the limiter and let it crackle back to idle. On a custom made chopper. With little to no muffler in those pipes. The Trooper will ask to talk with you a bit about what is not really legal on your bike. If during this "talk" you look at him and ask: "Don't you have something better to do?" said Trooper will say "Yes, I do." He will then walk over and grab his citation book and write you up for everything he was just going to talk to you about. Then you can pay the State north of $4,000 in fines, and have someone come with a trailer to pick up your bike since it is now unlawful in the State of Florida.

I don't think I ever saw so many bikes out and about on a normal Saturday as I did coming up though Central Florida to I -10 a couple years ago returning from Key West. After awhile,. you just quit waving. It was an endless stream. Only saw one accident scene and that guy was totally covered up with a sheet. Not good for him.

Back