• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Railroad bridge south of DFW airport

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Melseth
Was out riding in a non disclosed area a few miles south of the airport. Found this Old railroad bridge.

And the entrance to the bridge....And proof the bike was there... :rider:

I know where that is! used to be good riding in there before big brother tightened his grip and all the build up in the area.

That bridge used to connect the Rock Island/Burlington Northern RR line just north of there to the Greater Southwest Industrial District. Dunno why it was abandoned unless UP took over servicing the whole area (their line is south of there).

I answered a call there where the guy hung himself there on his Birthday. Some DS riders saw it and called it in.

Another time, we careflighted a guy who landed on his motorcycle handlebar. His chest was messed up.

I worked north for awhile. I never went back there unless I got a call. Hard to drive a Crown Vic down there. A guy from emergency mgmnt drove us to the site in a 4WD blazer. That guy could drive.

ElColon:

I was on a Honda CRF 250 X

P.S. I met you on the Frisco ride in May ( I was riding a WR 250 R)

Than I think you met us. We were on a KLR, Aprillia and a KTM. Yeah I remember you, I'm arranging another trip up there next month:-)

Where is this located? Edited. I know where now

On another note did anyone used to ride out at Saginaw rock quarry? Used to ride it all the time till they built all those housing developments

Last edited:
I was sitting in that same spot a few years ago when a very old, very tall bobcat walked up the berm next to me and started across the bridge, not paying me any mind at all. I gave him a quick "sst!" and he paused, looked over his shoulder, then turned and walked on. Whatever.

I used to ride across this Trestle in the 80s when it still had some ties, my wife and friend refused so I came back across.

Where is this located? Edited. I know where now

On another note did anyone used to ride out at Saginaw rock quarry? Used to ride it all the time till they built all those housing developments

I used to ride in the below marked area all the time. There were housing developments popping up (infact I lived in one of them for a while). When I was living there I used to go out there everyday.

[ame="https://maps.google.com/maps?output=classic&dg=brw"]Google Maps[/ame]

Talk about this area makes me want to crawl up in the attic and see if I can find some old photos. I grew up near NE Mall (actually before there was a Mall) and we could ride over to the 360 trails without hitting a paved road.
Most of that land belonged to Harston Gravel Co. & before the days of liability concerns they didn't fence off their gravel/sand pits. Our world was a giant motocross track from Loop 820 to 360. One of the best things was Harston didn't work on the weekends back then and we could hunt, fish, camp and ride to our hearts content without being bothered by security guards or police.
Ah, the daydreams of an old man...

Don't know that particular bridge. I used to cross a couple of similar one-lane bridges farther east, in the Trinity Bottoms area close to 183 & Loop 12, on my way to work. The city finally closed them somewhere in the mid 80s, but I believe they're still standing.

The location of this bridge is in the area aka "360", in the early 70s it was a riding paradise, Telephone hill, Old Terrible, once we had channel 8 come out and ask us if we would ride slowly towards the camera, loop around and do it over and over, they used it for a live back drop for the weather one evening, the area later became trashed out and unsafe for decent folks to be after dark.

Back