• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Frame Sliders

Reaction score
I was looking to put some sort of protection on my bike and thought about frame sliders,so I started looking around and couldn't really afford to spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars on them and I ran across these on E-Bay.It says their from Parts Canada and they really seem pretty nice to me,they were $40.00 and $13.00 shipping from Canada and I think it took almost 2 weeks to get them but I really like them,easy to install,fit good and they look like they stick out far enough to do some good,hope I never have to test them but they are there just in case.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 138
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 151
Will these fit if I already have a Mo-Tech engine guard installed!?

That I"m not sure about,I don't know where those engine guards mount.I think I read that these are no-cut for the fairing lowers but I don't know if I'll ever get those.

Can't see how these would work with the SWM engine guards. I have the guards and it looks like these use the same upper mounting points.

Yeah, looks that way to me. Are there other options if you have the SWM engine guards??? Anyone have a model that fits the front and rear axles? What about near the top of the engine?

Well, I low-sided at 60mph on a track shortly after installing the guards and SWM pegs on them. Here's a summary of the right side damage:

Engine guard was seriously sanded & peg was ripped from the guard
Mirrors were removed for the track - no damage
Windshield was cracked but saw no point of contact
Right bar end weight was trashed and brake lever end broke off
Right front turn signal was scuffed and pushed (by design) into the fairing
Yosh slip-on was very "sanded" and trashed

There was absolutely no damage to the bikes plastics or the engine. I replaced the windshield, bar end, levers, muffler & highway peg. Signal was re-mounted but will eventually be replaced with some flushmounts. Guard was cleaned up on a grinder, repainted and re-mounted. Almost good as new. I now know that the big Bandit is NOT a track bike... and I'm no track star.

Moral of the story? SWM engine guards - GOOD!!

I had the misfortune to test my sliders on a Vstrom. I has some damage to the plastic and some hard ware damage. The actual speed was between 20 and 30 mph. Over all it could have been much worse.

Vstrom-Crash-all-hits-M.jpg

Details of damage

Vstrom-Crash003-Rt-farring-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash-Crash-bar-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash006-Mirror-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash-brake-bentjpg-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash019-Farring-turn-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash-Lt-slider-M.jpg

Vstrom-Crash-rt-slider-w-ruler-M.jpg

New-Slider-vs-Old-M.jpg

Back