• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stearman fly in

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Passed by the Stearman Fly IN in Jennings, La This afternoo. Had the Minolta with me in the truck so took a few from outside the fence.
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

There is nothing else in the world that sounds so good as a radial engine. :clap:

I beg to differ. The sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 at full song will send chills down my spine and put a smile on my face every time. A raspy radial engine, not so much. But, I guess that's why some like the Harley rumble, and others prefer the wail of an in-line or V-4.

I beg to differ. The sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 at full song will send chills down my spine and put a smile on my face every time. A raspy radial engine, not so much. But, I guess that's why some like the Harley rumble, and others prefer the wail of an in-line or V-4.

All instruments have a place in the world of music. I like the sound of a Harley and love the sound of a MotoGP bike spinning 18,000 rpm also. The air was full of the little radials for the last two days here with an occasional Lycoming or Turbo prop and even a chopper or two. ;-)

My 20 year old Briggs & Stratton powered lawnmower with a rusty muffler at full song has to be heard to be believed

I've always thought some of the best times had were when you stumble on to events like this.... You see it, are curious enough to get closer, stop and then enjoy a bit of time just watching... :clap:

Back