• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Foot peg pivot pin upgrade

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I've never liked the looks of the extra long pivot pin for the rider pegs, as it's always looked really crappy and unfinished to me with the pin sticking way out past the back side of the mounting brackets. So today I turned some new S/S pins of the correct length and intstead of using the c-clips to retain the pins, I drilled and tapped the end with a 8-32 thread and used a S/S button head screw and flat washer which looks a lot better.

It's amazing how much better the news pins look compared to before, especially when your looking down at them. :rider:

The stock crappy looking pins
IMG_3012.jpg

The new S/S pins
IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Another great looking mod that you have done to your bike.

Thanks.

I'll be turning a new set of shortened S/S pins up today after which I'll polish the head and the c-clip end, and I'll post some pics up of them which will look even better. :trust:

Yours looks great. I suspect the stock pins were a standard size, something that fit a variety of bikes.

"Hey Bill, got any pins to fit this bracket?"

"I think I've got something in a box back here. Yeah, give these a try..."

Back