• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Introducing: txmedic

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
Just found this site and look forward to looking around some more. I'm in Georgetown and have a 2002 Suzuki Bandit. Look forward to getting to know everyone. :chug:

Recent.jpg

Howdy,

:tab Welcome to the site. Very nice looking Bandit. Did you have the header pipes coated? They are nice and silver, unusual but nice. I like the fact that the frame on the bike was painted to match the rest of the bike. We were looking at one of these at Woods Fun Center in Austin last week. The shade of blue is really deep and has a nice metallic flake in it.

:tab Have you done any touring on it yet?

Adios,

Howdy and welcome from Leander!

Schweet looking bike! Looks like you've got it pimped out a bit. Is that a corbin seat, pro gel grips and a Zero Gravity screen?

That shade of blue is da bomb. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the warm welcome! Lets see, where to begin.... the header and mid-pipe are ceramic coated. I just did the wheels a couple of days ago. I just concluded a Hill Country ride last weekend that I organized for 11 riders. It rained. A lot. Everything else can probably be best answered on my home page

TXMEDIC

:tab Judging by the "Bikes of my Past" section on your website, either you have a short bike attention span or a really full garage :eek:

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:tab Judging by the "Bikes of my Past" section on your website, either you have a short bike attention span or a really full garage :eek:

Adios,

Unfortunately, it's the former and not the latter. Too broke now to buy anything else....but next year......that BMW is calling my name.

Howdy,

:tab Irondawg has the GS1150R or R1150GS whatever... :? It is a fun bike to ride! It is deceptively fast :shock: I'd seriously consider one of those myself. He tells me that the new GS's are supposed to be 40 lbs lighter than the current models. I think they are doing a total redisgn of the bike. I just cannot afford the price tag unless I sell both VFR's and get a really good price for them. :| I sure wish I was heading down to Copper Canyon in a few weeks with him and a bunch of other GS nuts. :tears:

Adios,

Welcome to the site txmedic. I ride a 99 Bandit and live in the Killeen area. On your web site you mention the "over-bored oil return hole fiasco". I was aware this affected 2001 models. Does this continue to plague the 2003 and current year models. Seems it would have been corrected by now.

txmedic wrote
:::At 2600 miles, I had the pistons replaced under warranty due to the infamous over-bored oil return hole fiasco. Yes, two of the four showed significant carbon build-up on the tops. 6000 miles later she hasn't used a drop.:::::

My Bandit 1200 has over 34,000 miles. Original battery still cranking the engine on demand.

Back in the old days, 1999 and 2000 we organized several Bandit rides in the hill country. Was a treat to see 10 or so Bandits doing 337. They were known as the Armadillo rides. We even had one ride published in the first ever glossy covered issue of Ride Texas Magazine formally known as Texmoto.

Do you carry emergency medical equipment when riding? ie splints, bandages etx? Sounds like your a good man to include on group rides.

The piston issue affected all 2001 Bandits and some of the 2002's until they switched back to the original pistons. From the manufaturing date of September 01 (2002 models) and up, they don't have the issue.

We had Deryl Clark along on our ride. He contributes to Ride Texas magazine unbeknownst to us beforehand. We may get an article in the magazine, but no promises. He did get us all some cool pics as a momento of the ride. Very cool guy!

I carry a first aid kit I put together on all group rides. It consists of surgical sponges (4 x 4's) guaze, triangular bandages, a CPR shield, trauma shears, lidocaine jelly, bandaids, and sundry other small items packed int a 8" x 4" x 2" cordura bag. Splints are just too bulky. From this I can stabilize (if you can call CPR stable) any emergency until more definative treatment arrives. The major objective is to control bleeding, maintain an airway and insure circulation (basic life support). The lidocaine jelly is for road rash.

Back