• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wrong ?

Tasi

Reaction score
This is wrong
IMG_2966.jpg

This is right
IMG_2970.jpg

functionally, doesn't matter.....are most Aussie bikes like the bottom photo?
My KLR has it's horn button on the bottom.....where it should be.....:mrgreen:

Took me a while to figure out what was being shown and why the whole throttle contol is on the "wrong" side. IIRC, in Engalnd (at least) car is driven from the right seat but peddals are still gas (right), brake (middle), clutch (left). Good thing too, shifrting lefthanded was hard enough.

There's no throttle in the pics, the difference is the horn button in relation to the turn signals (and possibly the high-beam, etc.)

Although I've often wondered how hard it would be to reverse the controls just to freak somebody out.

My complaint(?) is the Suzuki switch block n general .
Most used button is the blinker so i would like it at the bottom .
Horn button put where the yellow LAP button is (you have that ? )on the front
of the block operated by any part of your index finger (off you go, sit on your bike )
THe high beam switch is way to far away from thumb , bring that down .

I wouldnt mind so much if you could rotate the block down but its not
possible .:doh:

I think I prefer the first one.
Horn button is used only in off-nominal situations. The easier it is to get to, the better. On the bottom, it is the first button the thumb reaches as it is unwound from the grip.

The beam selector is seldom used. Toggle it up/down once or twice a day is about it. In that top pic, it looks like it can be operated by the index finger. Maybe not. :shrug:

Turn signal is used the most. So other than if its location is uncomfortable, finding it is seldom a difficult task. Muscle memory gets developed for that.

The Honda has the horn button below the turn signal. I like it that way. The BMW has those goofy paddles on each control block for left/right signals. The horn is a paddle that is pushed upwards on the left control block. Very non-intuitive. Even when I ride with my thumb touching the edge of the horn button, I have trouble getting on top of it and activating it when I want.

I own BOTH bikes .There lies the problem .
Yesterday i "tooted" a trucker and an old lady attempting to use the blinkers .
1sr one ,dangerous ,2nd one :trust:----:doh:

be careful or you'll put an eye out:lol2:

I disagree - I would much rather toot when I wanted to blink, than blink when I NEEDED to toot. 2nd one dangerous, 1st one :oops:.

With thicker gloves I tend to hit the horn from time to time when going to cancel the blinker in a rush, etc! :giveup:

Back