• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

trip ideas

Reaction score
ok, we need a trip. one night camp trip, leave sat - return sun kinda thing.

leaving from austin...would prefer a place with water for some minor bank fishing and some seclusion (just dont want to camp next to the boy scout troops....you know how we can get)

thoughts? definatly want some good roads in the process...all of us on vstroms, klr, etc.

is blanco state park any good?

Blanco is nice, but small. South Llano, south of Junction might work for you. If it was a weekday, I'd suggest Garner, but it is a busy place on the weekends. Colorado Bend is neat, but is about 10 miles of dirt road to get in. That might not work, depending on your group.

dirt roads are preferred...if there arent any, then we have to use google maps to find some!

any of these places have good bank fishing?

I haven't been into South Llano SP, but the other two do. In fact, Colorado Bend had fish cleaning stations.

I went to colorado bend once...this summer...but there was no water so it sucked. and we got a tarantula and 2 GIANT (foot long) centepedes at our tent.

Back