• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandit headers

Y

ywgbandit

I recently bought a Delkevic slip on and I really like it.... not just for the money, it's of good quality and sounds great (baffle removed). I would like to improve the breathing more, but I don't want to mess with the factory header, or gut the cat. I would like to keep the factory pipe "factory" just incase they crack down on the emissions thing. The factory header is a pipe inside a pipe set up and is super restrictive. I have only found a couple of companies that make headers for the 1250 Bandit (please let me know if you know of others). One is Arrow, not the best looking IMO, and the other is Holeshot's...very nice, excellent finish, but pricey. I contacted Delkevic and they said that they had plans for one "on the back burner". I think they might speed up the availability if there were more of a demand. If anyone else is interested, fire them off an e-mail and tell them.... couldn't hurt.

the Akrapovic appears to be a whole system and it's around $1400.00. Too rich for my blood. The Holeshot headers are $675.oo, but if Delkevic makes them they should be close to the price of the B1200 headers around $225.00.

I'm in the same boat, I would love a set of Delkevic headers for my bandit (love their cf slipon)

The Arrow headers look ok to me, but are still pricey, and the best all around headers are probably the Holeshot ones, but they are even more expensive.

The bandit is supposed to be my frugal bike, so I can't justify spending $700+ just for headers. If I were to toss lots of cash at my bike purchase, I would have gone with a B-King that stock would wipe the floor with the fully modded Bandit (this is not a knock against the bandit, its praise for the B-King, 159.4hp + 96.5ft-lbs and that is stock)

So, for now I am hoping for a well priced set of headers.
As it is, I will probably just de-cat my stock headers as a winter project, and remove the O2 sensor (as its not being used anyway)

There is this set of headers on eBay: Clicky

They're around the $400 mark... but no idea if they're any good.. and frankly, after shipping, import duties... etc... still too expensive.

EF

Those are nice looking pipes, but you are right. By the time you add shipping they are in the same price range as the Holeshot headers and you know they work. I'm going to wait and see what price point the Delkevics come in at. Gutting the cat won't make a lot of difference as the most restrictive part of the factory headers are the inside pipes. There is a pipe inside a pipe and that makes the actual ID of the headers only about an inch or slightly more.

You can not go wrong with Dales work, they sound great. I have the Yosh TRS with his setup and I have been told that my bike sounds "Angry". I love the sound that I am getting, good luck with whatever you chose.

Mark

I just got this e-mail from Luke at Delkevic USA. A few e-mails from some of us might get these headers into production a lot sooner....please forward to anyone you know who might be interested and send Luke an e-mail.
Luke:
"Here's what I do know… The UK Delkevic team has developed a sample downpipe for the 1250. Now it needs a jig made, and testing after the first one comes out.
If there is enough interest this project can be pushed to the front line, but as it is right now it's probably 8 months out.
If there is a dedicated forum post to just the Delkevic Downpipe interest, you can send me the link and I'll check out how many are actually interested, or they can email me direct.
Thanks
Luke (luke@delkevic.us)

Update!!!

Just got this from the Delkevic people today (July 2nd, 2012):

Me to Delkevic: "Do you have any idea as to when the headers for the Suzuki GSF 1250 Bandit will be available?"

Delkevic: "We are dyno testing at the moment . It maybe 2-3 more weeks. Thanks".

I'm in the same boat, I would love a set of Delkevic headers for my bandit (love their cf slipon)

There is this set of headers on eBay: Clicky

They're around the $400 mark... but no idea if they're any good.. and frankly, after shipping, import duties... etc... still too expensive.

EF

I've heard some bad reports on those pipes on a VFR forum ... poor fit and quality

I've got the Arrow pipes on my 1250 but they are expensive ... I got mine on eBay secondhand :)

I have an Arrow full system: headers + titanium muffler ( baffle removed ). I bought all, from ebay ( directly from Italy ). Good relation price \ quality. Akrapovic allegedly is superior quality wise but is also more expensive...at least more 250 €...

The arrow headers are of excellent quality, fine craftsmanship and a very nice improvement in performance of the bike.

I decided to sell my bike so fairly soon, I will be posting up a set of Arrow headers for a Bandit 1250.

I should have them up on the weekend. Keep an eye on the for-sale section if interested.

EF

Update!!!

Just got this from the Delkevic people today (July 2nd, 2012):

Me to Delkevic: "Do you have any idea as to when the headers for the Suzuki GSF 1250 Bandit will be available?"

Delkevic: "We are dyno testing at the moment . It maybe 2-3 more weeks. Thanks".

yay, I can get rid of the mini-bake oven/cat converter under my right foot
A bit of ceramic coating and itll be cool as its ever going to get. time to order the pc-v and autotune, I had been waiting to get a set of headers before i made any fueling changes.

Howdy,

Nearly all of my spare Bandit 1250 parts are gone.

WhiteSands,
Yep, just got another bike, traded the Bandit in for its cousin from Suzuki.
I'll post up a new thread about it :rider:

EF

Exchanged emails with Delkevic usa today. They said they should have the headers in 1 to 2 weeks. Curious to see how these come out. Dyno # would be nice.

There Here!!
I got the first ones off the assembly line, shipped direct to me from the factory. Available from Delkevic USA…send them an e-mail to Luke Padilla (luke.delkevic@gmail.com>) to order. $299.99 plus shipping. Overall I'm very impressed....good quality stainless and good welds. There are a few tool marks from where the clamps held the tubing to make the bend, but they aren't horrible and they are priced accordingly. They look good! I will keep you all updated as to installation fit as I go along.

Attachments

• P1040020.jpg
    P1040020.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 569
  • P1040021.jpg
    P1040021.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 480
  • P1040023.jpg
    P1040023.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 374
  • P1040025.jpg
    P1040025.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 314
They look good. Just curious, were you replacing a bad set of headers? What was your reason for purchasing?

Look good but they all do when new ,then the heat gets to them and they
looks old .Shame but true .Black heat paint works but still look old and nobody notices the "new headers " .
Unless someone has a cure ?

Look nice, also look closer to stock. Tighter grouping of the down pipes, might fit on my fa without cutting the bottom pan.

Let's us know how they work out!!

They look good. Just curious, were you replacing a bad set of headers? What was your reason for purchasing?

The factory pipes are a pipe inside a pipe and have very restrictive flow. They do this because in stock tune they run very lean (to meet Euro emission standards) and would discolour very quickly as a single pipe. I have the Stage 2 Holeshot Kit with the TFI, so I'm not running lean and will benefit from the improved flow. As you can see from the photo these are a single pipe with a much larger inside diameter than stock.

Look good but they all do when new ,then the heat gets to them and they
looks old .Shame but true .Black heat paint works but still look old and nobody notices the "new headers " .
Unless someone has a cure ?
the cure is a ceramic coating. from jethot or one the places that do this proces. doesn't fade or corrode and is available in several colors. pipes run cooler and doesn't heat nearly as much under fairings or legs or feet.

I use a product I discovered while changing shafts in my stainless steel golf club heads. The stainless turns very blue from the heat of the torch when you melt the epoxy, so you can pull the shafts from the club head. "SIMICHROME POLISH" completely removes the blue stain...works very good on exhaust pipes too, and leaves them gleaming.

Back