• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Historic Marker Tag

Reaction score
New Game Guys.
If this has been done before , someone let me know!
The Tag will be a Historic Marker in Texas.
Post a picture of the Tag with you bike in it then post a picture of a new tag( Historic Marker in Texas) with you bike in it.

This is a riding game so pictures should not be archived.

Here are the Official Rules

#1 - Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.

#2 - Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.

#3 - Tag must be a) findable and b) not placed on a dirt road. Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.

#4 - File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.

#5 - The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power.

Let's start with this one!

IMG0352-L.jpg

and here is what is says

IMG0350-L.jpg

Sounds fun. Wish I would have known yesterday as i passed by quite a few markers. I'll be sending some as soon as i can.:rider:

David (Maverick) started a marker thread, just not the TAG game.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35469

Edit to add:
So has the State moved to metal signs instead of the old cast ones? Will they be phasing out the cast one with replacements or just new stuff? Hmmm.... :ponder: Think I'll need to ping my TxDOT engineer buddy on this one.

Last edited:
David (Maverick) started a marker thread, just not the TAG game.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35469

Edit to add:
So has the State moved to metal signs instead of the old cast ones? Will they be phasing out the cast one with replacements or just new stuff? Hmmm.... :ponder: Think I'll need to ping my TxDOT engineer buddy on this one.

I do not know if this Marker is same thing as the regular Metal Historical Markers so I changed it to Historic Marker! :rofl:

It's a GS. I thought you said it had to get there on its own power. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :giveup: (One helmet so someone pushed)

If I still had free weekdays I would 'Weave' my way east and pick this up, then drop the new one west of Cowtown somewhere.

Texas has the best historical markers. I stop to read most of them, sometimes more than once. My favorite? Baby Head Mountain. Good BBQ nearby is a bonus.

Side note, the Highway Dept is now dismantling all the road side parks and picnic areas as they have become unsafe with illegal and nefarious activities that are happening with all to common frequency.

Somebody ride to Weaver and get this game started PLEASE!:eek2:
It's really nice here this time of year. Contact me while here and I will show you our Stop Sign!:rofl:

The Weaver Store makes an excellent Bacon Cheeseburger!:eat:

:rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider:

Side note, the Highway Dept is now dismantling all the road side parks and picnic areas as they have become unsafe with illegal and nefarious activities that are happening with all to common frequency.

This is crap, why do we pay taxes if the money isn't being used for the common good?!?

Area roadside parks could close

And despite the reasons given, the truth of the matter is that the state doesn't have the funding/manpower to maintain them. They're just using that as an excuse! :doh:

Back