• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Haunted Roads of Texas?

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
Because I don’t have more important things to do and also because I don’t have any better sense, I am trying to put together a haunted roads trip.

With Halloween just around the corner, I want to go ride the haunted roads of Texas and slay the dragons, demons, and ghost along these roads.

So far I know of:
Stagecoach Road, Marshall, TX
Ghost Road, Bragg road, Saratoga, TX

Can anyone suggest any other “haunted” roads in Texas. I’m not looking for haunted places, but rather haunted roads and/or bridges.

You need to add the Devil's Backbone and Purgatory Road - both west of San Marcos and both fun!

Plenty here in San Antonio...

Bexar, The train tracks - In the 20's a bus full of kids was struck by a train on the southwest side of town. I have been there, it is real if you put your car there in neutral something pushes your car over the tracks. Sometimes if you look you can see small hand prints people believe this to be the small children who died in that accident.

Bexar Tro Bridge - You’ll see a long bridge that is above water and if you look down while your walking across you’ll feel people grabbing your legs. no one ever goes all the way cause they get to scared from the grabbing.

Devils Bridge - It is so dark in there that you shine your high beams you will only be able to see few feet ahead. Also if you find a big rock throw it into the bridge; do not be surprised if you do not here the rock land.

SOld Stone Ridge Rd - If you drive down this street at night with your lights off en route to the old children's cemetery, strange things happen. Supposedly, the Donkey Lady is responsible for the hauntings. Killed and badly mangled in an auto wreck when some friends of hers were driving down the road one night with no lights on, she haunts the woods around the area and protects the souls of the small children buried in the cemetery.

Shane and Villamain Roads - The spirits of children who were killed in a bus accident at the intersection push one's car off the tracks. This has been documents on film. Put your car in neutral and the cars will roll up hill and over the tracks.

Villa Main Railroad Tracks - Haunted by the children killed in a 1930's fatal school bus accident.

Riding around the "bottoms" south of White Oak (Longview area) used to be pretty scary. River Road, then down into the lease roads ... scary as a snake farm around dusk...

I saw the Bragg light 15 years ago but went back a couple years after that and there were several mobile homes on the road so it wasn't nearly as dark.

Back