• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need Help. Stranded in San Angelo

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
My rig broke down (blew out ring). I'm currently in San Angelo and live in the Waco area.

I need help getting me and my rig home. Anyone in the area with a flat bed trailer that would be able to haul my rig (Ural with sidecar) and I to Waco.

I will of course pay you.

Anyone in the San Angelo area able to help?

6'

I had a 6' wide enclosed, but the ramp was nit wide enough, but now I have a 6 x 10 open trailer and it works just fine.

I'm looking into greyhound bus service to get me home so I can come back with truck and trailer.

I have a place to store the rig.

I've got a 8 X 16 trailer but unfortunately I've got commitments for the next two days so it would be Friday at the earliest before I could head that way.

I've sent out some emails to folks in surrounding towns with a link to this thread. Hopefully someone can hook you up.

If worse comes to worse, you could rent a U-Haul truck and not have to make a return trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob,
Let me feed dogs and then I can head that way, sir.
It's 231 from me to you, so If I leave 7:30 ish....I'll be there about noonish....
Please respond here to confirm......
Thanks,
Mark

Oh and my celly is 512-867-5309......ask for Jenny.
:sun:

Last edited:
I am moderately close but have no trailer just my shortbed truck which won't quite cut it for the bike you have :( Uhaul or box truck rental may be a viable choice hope you get home safe will be praying for you

Just got off the phone with Mark for other 'bidness.... He's on his way to rescue BB. :clap:

Glad it got worked out! :clap:

I'm in CO finishing up the warm season up here, but i appreciate the email, if id been in town id definitely have been there for ya.

I remain amazed by the number of TWT friends across the state that will come to my aid.

My "favor" bucket is far in the negative. I've had so many folks come to my aid and I have yet to have the opportunity to pass it on. I remain indebted, so if anyone ever needs help, please contact me so I can start working my way out of debt.

I fell dumb for not calling Hardy first because is was closer that Mark, but by that time, Mark was well on his way with trailer in tow.

Is there any other situation or group were one cod simply make s post to a forum fir help, and get folks to come to your aid? I consider myself a very lucky man to gave become part of TWT and have gained so many great friends.

Life is good when you have great friend such as found on TWT.

great bunch of guys here, willing to help out whenever possible. I just got email today and could have snagged a trailer and headed your way. day late and dollar short thats my whole live it seems. glad you got some help. god speed.
and many thanks to gravelklr "you da man" brother.

Way to go Mark!

Attachments

• ron-paul-2008-thumbs-up2.jpg
    ron-paul-2008-thumbs-up2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 64
YEA!!:clap:
now for a tech day to get poor Lyekka back running again!

Back