PDA

View Full Version : air pump

brd
03-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I keep this with me on all long trips.
http://www.pbase.com/image/14270255/medium.jpg

It's a $10 12V compressor from Harborfreight. I removed the plastic housing to make it smaller to pack.

Never had to use it until this weekend, and it worked like a champ. Beats CO2 carts or a hand pump. :bigokay:

Tourmeister
03-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Cool, my folks bought me a pump out of the Riderwarehouse catalog. I still haven't gotten around to installing the 12V cig adapter on the bike yet though. I've been lazy. It is just a hair bigger than yours. I have not tried it out yet. They also got me a nice set of jumper cables small enough to pack on the bike but still heavy enough gauge to do the job. There are so many cool things in that catalog... I could go broke buying stuff there ;-)

Adios,

brd
03-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Cool, my folks bought me a pump out of the Riderwarehouse catalog. I still haven't gotten around to installing the 12V cig adapter on the bike yet though. I've been lazy. It is just a hair bigger than yours. I have not tried it out yet. They also got me a nice set of jumper cables small enough to pack on the bike but still heavy enough gauge to do the job. There are so many cool things in that catalog... I could go broke buying stuff there ;-)

Adios,

Well, I cut the cig adapter off the pump to use it this weekend. I stripped both ends of the wires and tightened one under the + terminal. I had an alligator-clip jumper cable that I used to connect the - as a primitive off/on switch. In a pinch, you make do. :)

Amen about that catalog. One of my buddies seems to be addicted to it. Every time he says, "Check out this new doohickey I got--" I interrupt with "From RiderWearhouse?" 90% of the time I'm right. :P