• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones II: After action Report

Reaction score
Well, 78 riders made it to the Rally. A little smaller than last year, but still a good showing. Injuries were minor, and no deer related incidents:clap: Saw plenty of faces from last year a bunch of new ones. Roads and crossings were dry but dust was lighter than last year. Now for a new development, I have one last doorprize that could not be claimed due to work constraints. It was our single largest prize. It is 3 a day ride with Team ALT Rider in Las Vegas February 24-26, 2012. This includes meals, lodging, instruction and routes, does not include transportation to and from Las Vegas. Riders ffrom the Dakar Rally will be there to offer pointers as well as instruction from Jimmy Lewis of Dirt Rider Magazine. Any RTB II attendees have interest in this and think they can make it please contact me ASAP.
HERE IS LINK to video Alt rider trip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yCi26rwCUc&feature=youtu.be

What a great prize, I hope whoever wins it enjoys it and posts plenty of pictures.

Gary

Linky no worky.

OOPs...corrected....:trust:
I am going to leave this open until Nov 11. I have not decided how to do the elimination...Bikes at high noon:giveup: Lottery....But we will have runner ups in case first pick falls out. It will then go to the next in line.:rider:

Four in so far for the giveaway;

1)GL1800
2)Tossinglead
3)OddFellow
4)Ulybrad
5)Tourmeister

Ghost!

Thanks for all the work that you and the others put in for an incredible ride. Awesome roads! Some of the best I have ridden in Texas.

This goes on my list as a "Must Attend" event. We plan to head back to Hamilton and ride the 2010 route. Can't wait to see how you top this next year.

Thanks again!:rider:
Chris

Knobbly, pm me when you do go back to run the 2010 routes. I have a new road to add to the Rally Raid and am presently working on a dirtier version of the 2010 route, too. :trust:

I have decided to do the drawing in a random public place....I am going out this evening and find a suitable place to have the names drawn. I will video the event for legitimacy. The order of draw shall be as follows...first draw will be 3rd runner up, 2 draw will be 2nd runner up and 3rd draw will be first runner up with the 4th draw being the winner of the Alt Rider ride. If the winner is unable to attend then the first runner up will take his spot. This will continue down the line in the event of further draws unable to attend the event. If for some reason all 4 contenders become unavailable to attend, I will again select from the pool of RTB registerees...The drawing will occur sometime after 5 pm this evening. I am taking this on the road and not sure I will be able to post this until my return to mi casa. I will continue to accept contenders until 5PM:rider:

Well I am having heck with my internet tonight. Cannot get video to load:giveup: So I am going to announce the winner and the order of the runner ups.

WINNER: Tourmeister:clap And no it was not rigged:lol2:
1st runner up: Ulybrad
2nd runner up: GL1800
3rd runner up:Tossinglead
4th runner up: Oddfellow

Will post video if my internet ever decides to cooperate:doh:

Back