• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Occupy Austin, another view...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
i-2mF9PkG-L.jpg

Austin's City Hall where the Occupy movement is currently located. The participants had initially been in this section, until the Police had requested they move to a different area while this was power-washed. When the participants tried to return, they were denied access to this area.

i-VpmR2bZ-L.jpg

An unidentified 'reader', who with frequency called out "Mike Check" to garner attention, then read various articles published on other occupy movements around the country and world.

i-vMrWC6L-L.jpg

Larry, and his six month old Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy. Larry said he was more focused on local issues than the entire Occupy movement and was using this venue as his platform for local change.

i-GKQRp6X-L.jpg

A recent sign addition to the protest area encampment. A city ordinance might allegedly have been violated in the capture of this image.

i-D6KZqHv-L.jpg

When Occupy participants were asked questions they could not adequately answer, those asking were directed to the information and welcome booth. A variety of pamphlets were available for review.

i-MBvrMLW-L.jpg

This participant identified herself as Brithe (pronounced Bree). She was quite vocal and active during the afternoon.

i-MHpbn3b-L.jpg

The Austin Police department continued their presence periodically. Just around the corner were two paddy wagons.

i-JBpp6Qn-L.jpg

This participant identified himself as Larry. He said he worked at the local VA facility as confirmed by his photo ID badge. Also, he's sporting new ink related to his belief in the Occupy movement.

i-4rcRsT3-L.jpg

This participant identified himself as "Billy Jack" and would not confirm or deny his participation in the military. He did however request to wave the flag for a period of time.

i-k4PvkS3-L.jpg

This image, combined with the information booth represents the total Occupy movement this afternoon. Based on other reports from around the country, Austin appears to be quite small by comparison.

Last edited:
We had some Tea Parties in the same space last year. We left it cleaner than we found it, nobody was arrested, there was no need for paddy wagons.

It could be worse I guess. It could be Oakland or Denver.

He? She? TP? Occupier? Why get stuck on labels? It's about the message man, however confusing or misinformed it may be.

Dallas is a nice venue so far. How bad can it get? 1 reported sexual assault by a sexual offender and a couple kids removed to CPS custody. They are truly the 99%. How many folks have you assaulted or how many kids were removed from you?

They have complained about being spotlighted. I mean have some respect man, they are trying to sleep in the public park at 5am.

Good lookin' shots Scott. All digital? May be a good time to look at some B&W.
Tom

Good lookin' shots Scott. All digital? May be a good time to look at some B&W.
Tom

Thanks Tom. Ilford 100 still in the Nikon FE with a few shots left before I get it developed. And I'll probably look at a set of tanks/reels etal. this weekend I found on CL to start doing my own developing again. Stay tuned!

Let me dig around [or maybe you] here, I've still got some of that processing stuff.:eek2: Up until a few years ago we still taught that stuff.
Tom

Let me dig around [or maybe you] here, I've still got some of that processing stuff.:eek2: Up until a few years ago we still taught that stuff.
Tom

Wow.... that would be great!

How are you doing today? Sure is pretty out, but nippy.

Back