• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Capitol Motorsports - Austin

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
Red Brown and I were doing a couple of things to his F650GS yesterday and went by Cycle Gear to have a tire changed. Alas, it wasn't meant to be as their machine was down for the count. They directed us across Hwy.183 to a new shop called Capitol Motorsports. Motorsports is correct. The had motorcycles, boats, watercraft, cars, trucks and scooters all in the same building. All the cars were vintage or restored customs. They apparently sell and service all of these machines.

Shawn, the motorcycle manager, took Red's wheel and tire. We went across the street to have lunch (thanks again Fred) and when we returned the tire was mounted and Ride On sealant installed for what I would consider a very reasonable price.

I often see people asking about independent shops in Austin and just wanted you to know the pool just got a little deeper.

Capitol Motorsports
9151 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78758
(512) 318-2833

I've had some good dealings with them and Shawn and glad to see them in town.

Shawn is a good guy. He use to work as a manager at TJ Cycles on Lamar for several years before venturing out on his own.

Thanks again Kurt for all of your assistance!

RB

Shawn is a good guy. He use to work as a manager at TJ Cycles on Lamar for several years before venturing out on his own.

Thanks again Kurt for all of your assistance!

RB

Fred, did you get a little knobbly action mounted up??
:clap:

Fred, did you get a little knobbly action mounted up??
:clap:

Here is a picture of the tire.

compass-terra-atv-tire.jpg

$24 to mount and balance. Squirting Ride-On in the tire was an extra ten dollars or so. If you purchase the tires there, it is bit cheaper.

RB

You know, I just have to comment on this...

Robert - you are one real professional, true to the riding community as a whole. Talking about competition in a positive manner speaks volumes to your character. :clap:

I've seen their location while on my way to Cycle Gear. When I was shopping for a bike I'd see their adverts on the interweb. I'll have to keep them in mind!

Back