• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

S.E. Houston

Reaction score
Any place around Southeast Houston for me to ride my XR200? I plan to ride the Sam Houston National Forest trails with friends around Thanksgiving. And I need to practice riding dirt. Zero experience on dirt.

There is a MX track on FM517 near Alvin, that has open practice. I don't remember the name.

SKEETER MX TRACK, there is a big sign on FM517 between Dickinson and Alvin. Track is south of 517.

Looks like Skeeter is closed temporary. I stop by today. The guy there said something broke and they're working on it. He also said Skeeter is a very challenging course, it'll be too rough for a beginner. A few blocks away from Skeeter is another MX track--Ultimate something. There was a lot of people there with full blown MX bikes. I didn't want to slow people down with my XR200; so I elected to come back on a weekday when there aren't so many people.

Skeeter has been closed for a while. Ultimate is a pretty good place; track is tame enough for an XR200.

I haven't been back there since people started riding there again, but I was talking to some folks who were saying Pelican Island is open for riding again. Might go down this coming week to see if it really is. I see people riding over by Cedar Bayou near Baytown off of 55 every time I go by there. Almost always a quad or two riding trails by the bridge. Not sure how far they go along the bayou.

Back