• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Loco Coyote Grill & Bar-B-Q - Chalk Mountain, TX

swaanimal

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Spates
Located outside of Glen Rose, TX, just off of US67 on County Road 1004. Travelling south out of Glen Rose on US67, look for an eatery on the left side of the road with a Texas flag painted on the roof (that's not it ;) ), almost directly across from it is County Road 1004 which you will procede down for only a few hundred yards (not far) and Loco Coyote will be on your left. Most cars park directly in front of the building, but bikes can park under the big tree to the left of the building. They have indoor and outdoor/covered tables, a mens/womens outhouse (with running water and real toilets), ice tea by the quart Mason Jar and some outstanding food. WARNING: Hamburgers are approx. 8 inches in diameter by 1 inch thick, chicken fried steak samwitch is of the same dimentions, the chiken fried steak covers a dinner platter and the BBQ samwitch will fill up a teen-aged boy!:shock:

Call before you go to make sure they're going to be open when you get there.

Loco Coyote Grill & Bar-B-Q
County Road 1004
Chalk Mountain, TX
254-897-2324
254-898-0188 fax

Last edited:
We rode down there a couple of weekends ago and found they are now only open on Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun from 4-9 pm.

We will need to make an evening run next time.

Shiny Side Up said:
We rode down there a couple of weekends ago and found they are now only open on Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun from 4-9 pm./QUOTE]

They open at 11am on Sundays, Lotsa bikes in the parking lot and yes, bring a large appitite or a friend to share with.:eat:

I remember seeing that place when driving by a few weekends ago. The name caught my attention. :)
And wondered how it was.
Might put that down as a day-ride adventure. Or maybe fit it in a DS ride in May.

Just so y'all know, the place is owned and run by Tom Hammond. The original owner and cook of Hammonds in Glen Rose. He sold Hammonds and retired for a few years then decided he liked cooking more than just about anything else (UT Longhorns excluded) and opened Loco Coyote.

Awesome! :eat:

My husband and I were out cruising backroads on our KLRs, some time back, when the smoky aroma of B-B-Q hooked our noses and turned us around. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the place WAS a restaurant and not just some private gathering. We were a couple minutes early (they weren't open yet) and waited on the front porch to get in. Meahwhile, just at opening time, cars, trucks and vans started showing up everywhere, so we knew THIS was going to be a tasty treat! It was, but we haven't been able to find the place since.

THANKS for the directions! :lol2: :eat: :lol2:

Back