• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Veterans Day Parade...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I was able to attend the Austin Veterans Day Parade this morning and grab a few images. Here's a few I sort of liked.

Dad. WWII (brought troops home on his ship) and Korea (carried landing craft within 2 miles of the shoreline at Inchon, dropped them off and waited there for their return as well as casualties)
DSC3105-7-L.jpg

Austin/Travis County EMS polishing the eagles head
DSC3119-12-L.jpg

My buddy Herb the "radio guy"
DSC3117-11-L.jpg

My view for the entire parade. Yeah, I got to play turret gunner today. :mrgreen:
DSC3143-22-L.jpg

My buddy Rory
DSC3187-35-L.jpg

Whole gallery here

Nice pics. I had a sudden thought as I looked down the barrel of the pics of you heading towards the capital that it might have been fun to loop past City Hall and see how the Occupy crowd would react to military vehicles showing up. :rofl: Sometimes I'm a bad man.

I'm off to dinner with my Dad and some of his West Point classmates. Just a coincidence, but I will be spending the evening with some veterans.

Tell your Dad "hi" for me...

I did have fun at the Capital though... Spinning the turret in full 360* movements was a lot of fun.
DSC3167-29-L.jpg

Back