• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Replacing Battery

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the battery on my 01 1150GS. Anybody have any suggestions other than OEM?
Thanks Brian123

I'v been using an Odyssey PC 680 in my 1150 GS for a couple of years now. It spins right off in any weather so far. I ditched the metal housing it comes in to get more clearance under the tank. Battery was shipped with two angled brass connectors. Installation was a breeze.

estlerd said:
I'v been using an Odyssey PC 680 in my 1150 GS for a couple of years now. It spins right off in any weather so far. I ditched the metal housing it comes in to get more clearance under the tank. Battery was shipped with two angled brass connectors. Installation was a breeze.

I second the Odyssey PC 680.:thumb:

I'd consider how long I'm planning to keep the bike. I've gotten 5+ years out of a few Yuasa Maintenance Free batteries, but if you're planning to trade next year, why spend the money?

Hmm wonder if walmart carries one for KTM 625sxc? :)

OMG, I just priced my battery from KTM, $193.00!?!? :brainsnap

Last edited:
Back