• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to me 09 1250s

Reaction score
Last Tuesday I bought a 08 1250S with just under 6k miles in Houston.
I have been reading here about some mods, so I lowered the seat in the back, then flipped the pegs and shortened the shifter by 5/8's of an inch and installed a brass bushing between the SS bolt and the Rubber so it would rotate.

I ordered a tall Vstream windscreen today because I'm 6'1" and the stock shield is a little short, plus I like to wear a 5/8 shell (cop)helmet and need a little more protection from the wind.

I will probably change the exhaust and pull the flies before long and STB's while I'm there.
Fun Bike, I installed a Throttlemeister and it also has new Road Pilot 2's.
So I will be lurking...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Welcome aboard! Your blue Bandit is purdy, though the RED ones are fastest! As far as lurking, you've destroyed that notion with a great intro including pictures!

Nice looking bike for sure. Your mission however is to put more miles on it then 6K in four years as from the PO. The bike deserves it :rider:

Back