PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use PipeCity.com?

kurt
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not happy with them so far. I ordered a Yoshi RS-3 slip-on for the FZ on Dec. 5 and after several days with no tracking number exchanged e-mail with them:

Dec. 8
Any idea on a delivery date?

Her reply on Dec. 8
Hello Kurt,

I just checked with the warehouse and they advised that you are getting the last Yosh being made for an FZ1. Yosh is no longer sending it out to distributors and so they are making one for you. It should be ready to ship in the next day or two. As soon as I have the tracking number I will send it over to you.

Thank you for your business,

Megan Dible
Orders Coordinator

My response today
We're going on a week now with no ship date. If this is going to be an extended process, I'll want to cancel my order. Had I known they had to make the pipe, I would have done something different to begin with. I'd hope to have it by now.

Anyone else have any experience with this company? My thought on the response was "What a line of bull". Now to cancel the order they want 20% restocking on something they don't even have. If this were something in their distributor's warehouse, I could see it, but to say they have to manufacture it falls outside the normal rules of the game for me. They should have called and asked if I would like to continue with this due to the unusual circumstances.

DaveC
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Do they stock D&D? Made in Texas by Texans, Ft. Worth I do believe! Get something in stock. If they don't have it then they can't charge a restocking fee, if paid for with CC then you can call the card company for a stop payment.

kurt
12-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't know about D&D, I never have cared for them as a whole. I always think "loud and raspy" when I think of D&D, but that's just my opinion. If I went local it would probably be M4 (Ft. Worth), but I'd have to investigate how loud they are 1st.

I'll go to the credit card company if necessary, but I'll give them a chance to do the right thing 1st.

Soloman
12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I have a full M4 system on my SV and i don't think it's as loud as the Yosh pipes on Wabbit's FZ1. I bought them from Cycle Gear on a Saturday and I had them on the following Wednesday.

M4 is made in Dallas over by 635 and 35.

Kidder
12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
If you're going to buy locally, buy a M4. They're great. D&D on the other hand...well, I wish they WEREN'T made in Texas.

texas51
12-12-2005, 12:13 PM
I bought my M4 slip on from them and had it in two days. I also bought my Aratas through them along with the power commander and it came in from Dan Kyle in five days all mapped and ready.I recieved a call from Magan after I ordered to make sure I wanted the Kyle map or was I going to have it mapped here.I have had good luck dealing with them but what they are telling you sounds fishy.

bluedogok
12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't spend a $1.00 on a Deaf & Deafer........if I got one for free I would sell it. Poor build quality and enough noise to wake the dead.

I have read that Pipe City is a drop shipper, they don't actually stock anything. Not sure if this is true or not but it would make sense.

kurt
12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
From Pipe City
This is to give you confirmation that your order has been cancelled and your MasterCard Credited. Per phone conversation on 12/12.

Here's the deal. Yosh quit making the mid pipes, but still has one left that they can stick on their RS-3 can. They won't make any more mid pipes for the FZ. They were willing to assemble this final product for pipecity, but the ship time was unacceptable to me. I wish the communication of the delay had been better on the front end, but they were willing to cancel the order without a restocking fee in the end.

Final grade - communication on an unusual situation C-, doing the right thing in the end with a minimum of drama, A- (they weren't willing to admit that still showing the pipe on their internet site was misleading as to its availability).

kurt
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Another interesting tidbit. Having just ordered a helmet last week, something rang a bell in the back of mind.

Here is the address for Pipe City:

PIPE CITY
511 W Guadalupe Rd #5
Gilbert, AZ 85233

Here is the address for Helmet Harbor:

The Helmet Harbor LLC
511 W. Guadalupe Rd. Suite #4
Gilbert, AZ 85233

I'm sure they are connected, but I have never gotten anything but oustanding service from Helmet Harbor.

Sleepy Weasel
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
For what it's worth, I got my TBR slip on through Pipe City and everything went fine. Maybe that was just because it was a readily available product, or maybe it's just that I'm contrasting it with the lousy experience I had with Happy Trails over a set of racks for the Sherpa.

Jesse H
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm sure they are connected, but I have never gotten anything but oustanding service from Helmet Harbor.

Same here.

I had a similar situation with Cycle Gear. Customer service is always great when I go to the store, especially compared to the dealers in Houston. I ordered a front sprocket for the SV oh, back in October and it never arrived...although the chain and rear sprocket did. I eventually got the front sprocket at the dealer and completely forgot about the one I ordered at Cycle Gear.

Last week I remembered out of the blue that I still have a front sprocket on order at Cycle Gear so I call them up. Guy pulls me up on the computer and is just as dumbfounded. He says he'll call me right back. He called back in 3 mins and told me it's backordered until January. Apparently their distributor completely ran out.

I can't really blame anybody there. Seems like they put in the order and the stuff gets to the store within a week. This one time it didn't and the distributor doesn't tell them about it and I'm assuming their computer systems don't tell them either. Unless they manually go in and check your order they just expect them to come in a timely manner. At least that's my assumption. Personally if it were up to me I'd want to keep track of every order or at least have a system setup so that a particular order is flagged if there's a delay.

I didn't cancel my order and I'm just waiting for it to come in, figure I need another front sprocket eventually.

Sprocket
12-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Anyone else have any experience with this company?

:nono: Yeah, how about an $8k business deal that I had to write off $4k on after we had already completed the product. That count? :angryfire

Under legal advisement, I'll not post details here. I'm happy to elaborate over pie, coffee, burgers, or other such social food and drink however. ;-)

Slider
01-02-2006, 10:19 AM
I ordered my RS3 off of E-Bay with no problems at all. I think there are some up for auction at this time. Very reasonable price also. I paid $275 shipped. New of course. You might try starcycle.com they have very good prices on pipes and are very friendly on the phone.

E.Marquez
01-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Coming in late to this topic,,, as well as being the new guy... With that said..

Ya,, I've bought 3 pipes from them,, and recommended them to a few thousand other folks. (no really,, membership, is just over 60K, and the forums I posted pipe city to have a huge following) I had great dealings with them, as have the other folks I personally know of that have bought. (4 or so) Could be my luck, timing, and ??? but, so far, I've been very happy,, and I have not heard any complaints,, till now :ponder: Have to think on this one for a bit now.