• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MZ Skorpion 660

Reaction score
Anyone have an MZ or other bike with the Yamaha 660 5V single and want to talk about them? I'm loving my Skorpion and wanted to see if there were any TWT's that had a similar power plant or had experience with them. After it's all said and done my bike will be an under 300lb bobbed cafe racer with about 65hp at the rear wheel and boat loads of torque, perfect for the hill country runs. :clap:

Well it's a work in progress but here's a pic of her good side and a pic of a bike that inspired me. My MZ was a touring bike with a full fairing when I got her but as much as I've been tinkering with the carbs and such, I got tired of dealing with the fairings and decided to go cafe style. I want as little on the bike as is possible, very clean with almost nothing behind the tank.

Attachments

• mz 009.jpg
    mz 009.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 714
  • spud-black.jpg
    spud-black.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 580
As of now, I've got a 686cc jug and 11:1 Weisco waiting to go in it along with a Stage 1 Hot Cam. That, as well as the intake and exhuast mods already done should put me in the 55 to 60 rwhp range. Power wheelies through 2nd gear should be no problem. Later will come the head work which will give me at least another 5 hp and if I'm feeling generous, a couple of Mikuni flatsides should put me safely over 70.

I can't believe that MZ wasn't successful selling them in the states. They were cheap and everyone that I talk to that has had one has very fond memories. Couldn't ask for a more reliable bike either. Mine went on a 7000mi journey from Anchorage to Austin in the year or two before I purchased it and it's still going strong at 35,000. I think one of the oil seals on a valve is leaking a bit but nothing that's noticeable after 30 seconds of warm up. I can't wait to look at the cylinder when I swap it out for the big bore. :rider: I also found a slick seat that I'm trying to purchase but getting in touch with a Czech web business is proving difficult. Here it is on a Skorpion in track trim. Just a few mods. :) Smokin!!!

Attachments

• mz_scorpion_motoforza_fairing.jpg
    mz_scorpion_motoforza_fairing.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 657
Back