• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Horn Relocation - B1250

PhilS

Reaction score
This is where the new 1250FA Bandit has the horn mounted (view from top):

IMG_0277.jpg

I moved mine to here as well since the stock location is ugly (view from bottom):

Horn_Relocate003-1.jpg

Phil,

The horn on the 1250FA (not a Bandit) is the same horn used on the 1250S (is a Bandit), and it's really not a horn in the sense that it will actually get peoples attention when you need it. :eek2:

I suggest replacing the anemic stock horn with at least one Fiamm Freeway Blaster, or better yet both the high and low note Freeway Blasters, which work great at getting peoples attention. The Fiamm horns can be easily mounted to the frame underneath the cowling facing forward, and out of sight. I first had just the high note Fiamm mounted on the right side of my bike underneath the cowling, but have since added the low note horn as well to the left side of the bike, and the single horn was very loud, the duals are much louder. I ran the wire from the stock horn to operate a 12v relay that has fused power directly from the battery to power both the Fiamm horns. :rider:

Back