• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spot GPS Messenger

SilverBullet

never slow down...you never grow old
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain ATV has the Spot Messenger for $149.99, free shipping and no tax.
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=160&navTitle=Accessories-Rider&webCatId=5&keyword=spot+gps&prodFamilyId=32939

Spend another penny bringing your order total to $150, enter code "RM0809" at checkout and you get $20 credit on your next order. Also Spot has a $50 rebate upon activation, their basic annual service plan is $99.95

150 Spot
-20 RMATV credit
100 Spot activation
-50 Spot rebate
$180 net cost for unit and 1 yr service

Also my purchase put me over $1,000 for the year so I got an additional $50 credit from RMATV, reducing my net cost to $130. Since I have some long trips planned for this coming year with remote off roads sections I figured a Spot was a smart choice and not to procrastinate any longer.

_

Add another $50 for tracking.

No tracking for me. I only want the Spot for 911 type emergencies, calling for breakdown help and checking in with family and letting them know I'm ok and where I am occasionally. They can plot every one of my check-ins and make their own tracking map, haha.

_

SPOT is a good thing to have. Tracking does have some benifit other than entertainment. Such as, you crashed but were not able to press SPOT (unconcious or dead). Tracking will show your last location if no one has heard from you for a while. But not a biggie if you remember to check in now and then.

I always carry a SPOT, but I have learned not to count on it. Just because you understand GPS lat/long does not mean that those you depend on to save you do. I would like to share with you my experance.

http://beemerbob.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/important-information-about-using-the-spot-device/

Last edited:
I ordered two of them yesterday from navshack.com for $107.99 each. After tax and shipping, the total was $243 or about $122 each.

I ordered two of them yesterday from navshack.com for $107.99 each. After tax and shipping, the total was $243 or about $122 each.

Only problem is you'll actually end up paying more. The $50 rebate is only valid if you pay normal retail of $149.99 or more so yours doesn't qualify. You could have purchased $149.99 x two and then $50 RMATV future credit for a net cost of $250 for two, so only $7 more but then you'll get $50 rebate x two once you activate them and send in rebate before Jan-31.

So two units activated for $350 while yours will be $443.

_

Back