• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mmm LF here I come

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martinez
Right after finals I'll take possession of a Shen Hao 4x5 field camera. It'll either be a celebratory gift for passing the semester, or a coping mechanism. Either way, I'll finally have the means to make 4x5" negatives to enlarge in my darkroom. It's been bugging me for months that I have everything required to enlarge 4x5" negatives but nothing with which to create them. Problem solved.

Debating which lens to buy with it right now, but I'll get that sorted soon enough.

Back to studying circuits and dynamics for my first two finals.

looking forward to what you capture with that….I remember when my dad bought a Hasselbad "back in the day" and just being amazed at the details in those negatives as we developed that film.

Wow... that's a nice jump.

BTW - I have a stack (and I mean STACK) of 4x5 negatives my great-uncle shot when he was a photographer for the US ARMY at Camp Desert Rock during a boatload of nuclear tests circa June-July 1957. If you're just itching to fire up the darkroom :trust:

Wow... that's a nice jump.

BTW - I have a stack (and I mean STACK) of 4x5 negatives my great-uncle shot when he was a photographer for the US ARMY at Camp Desert Rock during a boatload of nuclear tests circa June-July 1957. If you're just itching to fire up the darkroom :trust:

Oh, I'm giving people prints for Christmas this year (Scotland negatives, most likely). The darkroom will be very busy between the 18th and the 23rd or so, for sure. I'll be in Austin on the 16th/17th, so if you want to give me some negatives to enlarge I'd be happy to do so.

Back