PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Tiger 800 XC

cdn_bacon
12-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I love the look of this bike and albeit it has a few reported annoyances, I want one! Anyone have one or taken one for a ride? Opinions/feedback?

gixxerjasen
12-12-2011, 02:17 PM
I want to take one for a ride. First ADV bike I've been able to touch both feet down on when I sat on it at the motorcycle show.

The Bruce
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Lone Star Triumph does test rides. They are nice bikes. :trust:

posted using Tapatalk, as if you cared. :-p

gixxerjasen
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Know the rules of a Triumph test ride. Either come broke, leave the checkbook at home, or come prepared to buy. Because you will have little control over yourself after a test ride.

Hemibee
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I rode one at the National Triumph Open House, they are some sweet riding bikes. I did as stated above, went to ride broke and did not have the checkbook with me. I want one bad. I love my Girlie but the 800 is everything Triumph wanted for the Girlie and the Steamer.

ceddec
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Paging Calgary Yogi to the white courtesy phone please.

He picked his up not that long ago. I love it.

cdn_bacon
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
A friend of mine and his buddy are currently riding from Montreal Canada to Argentina (they're currently in Columbia). One is riding a BMW F800GS and the other a Tiger 800 XC. Guy loves his Tiger but I guess he has a running list of small things which are a bit non user friendly, plus the gas MPG is less than the BMW.

www.panamrider.com for anyone who is interested in reading their blog.

gixxerjasen
12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I rode one at the National Triumph Open House, they are some sweet riding bikes. I did as stated above, went to ride broke and did not have the checkbook with me. I want one bad. I love my Girlie but the 800 is everything Triumph wanted for the Girlie and the Steamer.Yea, I went to the Triumph Demo day when the Tiger 1050 was brand new. I went broke and without a checkbook. I got off by the skin of my teeth...but another guy wasn't so lucky. Hrm, or maybe he was the lucky one, I'm not sure. :rofl:

Calgary-Yogi
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Mankuso (old ex-importr building) will let you take one out for a spin

M38A1
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
A friend of mine and his buddy are currently riding from Montreal Canada to Argentina (they're currently in Columbia). One is riding a BMW F800GS and the other a Tiger 800 XC. Guy loves his Tiger but I guess he has a running list of small things which are a bit non user friendly, plus the gas MPG is less than the BMW.

www.panamrider.com for anyone who is interested in reading their blog.

What would that list of items be? Curious.

And the link above is a redirect to another site. Anyone know what that URL is? I didn't take the re-direct.

cdn_bacon
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
sorry.

it should be:

www.panamride.com

not "rider"

wbrisett
01-08-2012, 05:39 AM
What would that list of items be? Curious.

Only had my XC a week, but so far the little things that annoy me are:

Odometer - You see the Odometer when you first turn on the ignition for a very brief time, but then that's it. Apparently there is a way by pressing the a & b buttons to get it to appear again after that, but I haven't been able to figure out the secret sauce for that yet.

Windscreen - I think the boys back in Hinckley need to go back to the wind tunnel and test this screen again. It does a wonderful job of sending all the air straight into your helmet. My naked Buell 1125CR with just the small front cowling did a much better job than this windscreen. My wife who is 5' 7" even has this problem on her 800 Tiger. For her, we're hoping to resolve this via the adjustment kit for the stock windscreen Triumph sells. I'm hoping that by putting on the taller adventure screen I'll solve this issue.

Seat - We both don't feel the stock seat is going to be a seat that's going to work in the long term, but we'll see.

Otherwise so far the bike has been great. It's lighter and much nimbler than almost all the bikes I've owned in years (except the 1125CR). More details and reports as I get more miles on it.

This past year my wife tried to sit on the GS 800 and couldn't touch her feet down very well, but the 800 Triumph was a totally different story, thus two Tigers.

Wayne

gixxerjasen
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
This past year my wife tried to sit on the GS 800 and couldn't touch her feet down very well, but the 800 Triumph was a totally different storyBeing 5'7" myself, this is the very reason the Triumph rocketed to the top of my adv bike list at the last motorcycle show.