• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Muenster

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
There is a possible ride coming up for Feb 11 and maybe Feb 12 also at Muenster (the site of "The Last Man Standing" race). Several of us at KTMTalk are knocking around the idea of making a trip up there that weekend. Also talk of some riders from OK and regions north of there that may be joining in. Nothing is for sure at this time but thought I would get the word out that it is being discussed.

Are we talking about a ride to go watch "Last Man Standing" or an offroad adventure for those with dirt bikes?

If it's the former, I will see if I can get the time to ride up there and watch. If it's the latter, then I'm out since I don't own dirt....unless someone wants to loan me a bike and some gear. ;-)

Larry Johnson
Grapevine, TX

Sell the VFR, you never ride it anyway ;-) :-P

:duck:

HEY!!!! I resemble that remark. You are right, I don't ride it enough, but that'll change in the future. Plus, it's paid for and that's a good bike in my eye.

If I sold it, my wife wouldn't let me buy another bike until the boys were out of the house and I won't be without a bike that long. I just did a short ride with my dad over the Christmas holidays and I ride it to work on a semi-regular basis.

Shellie and I are talking about doing the Eureka Springs trip this coming Fall, so I might get to see you again. Plus she has encouraged me to head down to Hico to meet everyone for the next pie run and my neighbor wants some of us to get together and ride. So I might break 600 miles in 2006. Sweet!!!! :lol2:

Anyway, having two boys under 2 is a lot of hardwork. You can check them out at http://www.firstdayhome.com.

Catch you later,
Larry Johnson

We're expecting another Aug 14th ;-) Sarah is currently just over one year old. So I probably should not be hassling you about a lack of riding :uhoh:

You should encourage Shellie to bring the boys to the Pie Run. Kids are always fun at these events!

A couple of us were out there Sunday and rode quite a bit of the Last Man Standing course where we could follow the markings. Just a note the guy signing us in said they might have to close the place for a while if they don't get some rain soon. Too much risk of fire.

When we were out there watching the trials I was wondering how they were handling the fire danger thing....

it was pretty darn dry out there, we were worried about the cat on the truck catching the grass on fire...since it's done it once before...lol

Funny I first pictured a kitty cat sitting on the hood of the truck and I was trying to figure out how it was going to start a fire. Does it have a smoking habit. Then I figured out what you meant. Parking in tall grass is a very bad idea. We saw guys riding around on Trials bikes but never saw where they were competing.

they weren't competing this past weekend. It was a team thing. More of a play day.

:)

So far we have about 25 riders from KTMTalk that will be there. If anyone is interested in riding with us, send me a PM or post here and I will get the information to you. We will be riding some of "The Last Man Standing" trails so it should be something for every skill level from just bought first dirt bike to riders that were born on the back of a dirt bike.

Riders for the weekend include some from Kansas, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska and from all over Texas.

Wish I could make it, was out at muenster last weekend was very nice since its got some rain, Ill keep an eye out for the next ride as well I will post up some rides I go there often

Hemibee,
I was suppose to attend that ride but due to the personal invite I got for the Wudi ride in Arkansas I won't be able to make it. Just kick Myosin in the seat of his pants for me. See you guys on the next trip.:rider:

So with the rain that moved through today, it ought to make for some exciting riding this weekend! Is the event still on?

Don't know about the Pumpkin riders, but for us TDBA'ers it's on like Donkey Kong! :-P Our usual group of inmates will be there on Sunday.

Tourmeister said:
So with the rain that moved through today, it ought to make for some exciting riding this weekend! Is the event still on?

Rides still on...............the wet stuff will only make for better traction as the pumkins eat up the bananas, cherries, blueberries and kiwi's.......:lol2:

Only problem is my schedule changed and I can't make the trip up there..........

Hood Ornament said:
Don't know about the Pumpkin riders, but for us TDBA'ers it's on like Donkey Kong! :-P Our usual group of inmates will be there on Sunday.

New smaller rear tire installed and ready.... according to the wx it's going to be tu cold for me. :-P

Tourmeister said:

Muenster will be at its best after the moisture. There will be 7-8 of us at the usual parking spot. Hemibee where are you guys parking?

Hey sLoweed :rider: there is no such thing as tu cold when dirting, I'll give you the usual wakee up call at sunrise :yawn:

letsride said:
Hey sLoweed :rider: there is no such thing as tu cold when dirting, I'll give you the usual wakee up call at sunrise :yawn:

When the forecast starts AND ends at 20degrees its TU DANG COLD!!! :eek2:

Don't call me in the am you snotriding squid, I'm turning it off.:sleep:

Loweed, you missed a great day of riding! We were sweating after the first 10 minutes you big wussy! Massey led an awesome paced ride and we found some new stuff!

Oh yeah, my new booger bike was incredible. Puts the old Honda to shame. :-P:-P

Back