• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your SINGLE best picture from 2011...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
This is for everyone!

Take some time to review all of the images you captured during 2011. Think about the shots in terms of what they meant to you, why it's important, and why you think it's your best shot. And it doesn't have to be motorcycle related either!

Then post it here with a short description as to the why you chose it, where it was taken and such.

And only ONE picture. (yeah, that makes it hard... I know.)

The composition is lousy. The image is fuzzy, but Justin lives in NY now and only comes home for a week each Christmas. It's not a great photo but it means a lot to me.

Attachments

• Dec 2011 - 1.JPG
    Dec 2011 - 1.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 215
P1030272-1.jpg

This photo really sums up the year for me. I took it at my Million sMile Celebration. My grandboys, Noah and Brody, are representing all of my family and friends who helped me celebrate this milestone.

And the RED balloons . . .

Voni
sMiling

327586.jpg
Show more

Mansfield Dam Austin, TX.

A couple of summers ago, I took up film again when my DSLR died. It has been a very rewarding experience. This is perhaps the most difficult photograph I've made this year, but with some luck, it came out exactly as I hoped. 15 to 20 mph winds made it tough to keep the camera still. Nikon F100, 135 mm lens at f/4, Fuji Velvia 100, 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Me and my dad In front of the museum of the Marine Corps July of this year during our 5k mile east coast tour. It was a great time and i can't wait to go west.

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325172489.046686.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325172489.046686.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 186
My favorite place to be. My bike and I down a quiet back road, anywhere USA. And, my favorite place to take pictures from.
IMG_0128.jpg

I'm a cheater - I didn't take it, but I'm in it and it's my absolute favorite pic of the year.

IMG43511-XL.jpg

Not a great photo.But its holds alot of meaning to me. After my father passed away i just woke up early one morning and rode my bike 750 miles to the small town ( Winfield MO.)where i was raised as a child. My dad always took us fishing,swimming and for cookouts at Lock & Dam #25 just a couple miles from town.Lots of fond memories there and it was great to go and remember all the good times.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/54181788@N06/6604876843/"]016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame] by weljo2001, on Flickr

Wow, this was harder than I thought to choose a single image. There were so many memories this year.

I have to go with the Austin skyline at night.
DSC3311-4-L.jpg

It was taken at a taco shop in Dallas (I think on peak) one morning. I took it with my iPhone. There isn't much of a story behind it. I just like it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325433752.363260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325433752.363260.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 175
This picture simply represents where I want to be......riding over a bridge I've never seen......coming back from getting to know a friend a little better......the empty unknown horizon behind the bridge beckons to me every day........:zen:

Attachments

• Bridgenbc.jpg
    Bridgenbc.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 175
My brother and our grand niece. She normally likes him, but that suit just cuts him out of the family.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

I head to the mountains every summer. These mountain passes are always a part of the agenda. This is Cottonwood Pass west of Buena Vista. Like the town name; it is a good view. This photo turned out nice with the winding road. and the blue of the sky.

THEBRUCE, I rode over that pass for the first time in 1980. A Goldwing rider, pulling a trailer warned us no to go since it had taken him 6 hours. He was never going back again. It took us much less time on our XS850SG and we have been back several times. Even with the paving, its a great ride. Beautiful picture.

This is my dad walking along on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. His dad was aboard the QM as a troop transport in WWII and it brought him to Europe and back. To think grandpa had walked on the same deck back in the 1940's was so cool to me. 2011 was a good year that brought my dad and I closer than we'd ever been.
LongBeach112.jpg

THEBRUCE, I rode over that pass for the first time in 1980. A Goldwing rider, pulling a trailer warned us no to go since it had taken him 6 hours. He was never going back again. It took us much less time on our XS850SG and we have been back several times. Even with the paving, its a great ride. Beautiful picture.

Unless getting torrents of rain I would have no issue riding my HD Ultra over this one. That trip was in s CRV. No problem.

posted using Tapatalk, as if you cared. :-p

I had lots of food shots to consider and a few scenics but I finally decided one this one - while playing around with a borrowed flash (sans owners manual). For some reason I felt this really captured the essance of a local jazz band performance - lucky shot for sure.

img0475ab.jpg

This is mine (and it was hard to choose one!). Last February's snow/ice that was here today, gone tomorrow.

fav2011_01_icicle.jpg

Wow, this was harder than I thought to choose a single image. There were so many memories this year.

I agree, I just closed my eyes and pointed. LOL! I had 3 distance bike trips with many great pictures taken , plus, my local stuff here in Louisiana and East Texas. :rider: I had over 16,000 miles of wandering about on my 2 bikes this year. :clap:

I don't have a best, but I've got a favorite. It was taken by my friend Scott of me and my new bike. I tried to put it in here but was thwarted.:doh:
Tom

Didn't take as many pics as I should have in 2011, I'll try and remedy that in 2012.

Funny though, my favorite pic of the year was one of the last pics I took. Christmas eve at chatue de poser, and I was shutting the house down for the night. As I turned off the living room lights I looked back in and saw this. It grabbed me and so I grabbed the camera. This is our first Christmas to spend at home as a family [our 9th Christmas and second with a kiddo]. We usually travel to my folks or my in-laws. This year we decided Santa would visit us at home. I was probably our best Christmas yet: low key, relaxing, spending time with just the wife and kid.

DSC1838-L.jpg

For a marvelous two week period this summer, Cindy and I enjoyed the good fortune of sharing a relative's apartment in the Beaubourg district of Paris. While out exploring our surroundings one morning, I spied this MV Agusta Brutale posing seductively in front of an artisan's sculpted wall. The colors, the motorcycle and the artwork combined to define the locale better than any other photo I took of the city's more iconic landmarks.

DSC0199edited-1-L.jpg

Back