• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #72: Lines or Leading Lines (ENTRY)

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Use this thread for posting your single entry for Assignment #72 Lines or Leading Lines

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted without warning.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and & Monday, January 9th midnight.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until January 9th midnight.

All forum posting rules apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
P1100099.jpg

Thanks for the submissions everyone. I was beginning to wonder if everyone forgot. :mrgreen:

Voni: This is a good photo. I like the composition and the subject matter is interesting. The only downfall I see is that I'm stretching to see it fit into the assignment. I would have like to have seen more line content.

bigboy292000: Nice capture here! There's alot going on with all the crossing contrails. You have me wondering if you really saw this in the sky, if the photo was doctored to give it more, or if this is a photo of a photo. Either way, I like what you did and great job on this assignment.

Fiddyone: What an interesting photo! My eyes can't focus on one thing, and they just bounce around the frame. But, they always come back to that gorgeous bike. "Heaven" on a trail, I imagine. There's alot to like about this picture. My only critique would be that I would like to see the entire bike in the photo, it's just slightly clipped off.

klb1122: Horrible photo! My eyes hurt.

PGlaves: I'm not sure what kind of plants those are, but they look tropical/warm weather natured. The fact that they are dusted with snow makes the photo really compelling. I like the line of the wall, but I feel like it's taking my eyes away from the plants. I wish this would have been taken in a way that the line of the wall took my focus into the plants.

dixonduke: Beautiful picture. Not much to critique on here. The colors are vivid, and the walkway is leading me right into the ocean. Makes me want to take a trip to Peru. Nicely done.

Tough to pick a winner on this one. I'm torn between bigboy, Fiddy, and duke. All great execution. I have to pick one, and that is Fiddyone. I like the bike, the lines under the bridge, and the Heaven graffiti brings it all together for me. Congrats Fiddyone. :thumb:

Thanks to everyone who participated. :clap:

Congrats, Fiddyone! :)

Indeed - I was at my daughter's indoor soccer game, walked out and saw the sky right as you see it. First thought: LINES!! I immediately grabbed my phone and took a photo. I did tweak the colors a bit to make the blue a bit deeper than the phone gave me (so as to see the fainter lines too) but otherwise - the lines have not been touched.

My attempt went down in a ball of flames, but if you care - it was a swimming pool shot, lane lines, lights etc. Just couldn't get it right.

Congrats Fiddyone! (check your PM's)

Thanks Wow I'm truly shocked!! Theirs some really great pictures here. Congrats to all.

Having taken multiple pics of this spot I didn't think this one looked as good. Heaven on wheels is what I've called it. Really more than I need but I was sold on looks when i saw it. The mud stopped me from going where I was going. Taken with my camera phone. I'll have to look at the original I prob cropped the tip of the bike closing it up on the rails.

I'll have to sleep on it to think of something new.

I absolutely love it, but I have a geometric kind of eye. :clap:

Congratulations fiddy!

Thanks, I like the way it came out.

Congrats, Fiddyone! :)

Indeed - I was at my daughter's indoor soccer game, walked out and saw the sky right as you see it. First thought: LINES!! I immediately grabbed my phone and took a photo. I did tweak the colors a bit to make the blue a bit deeper than the phone gave me (so as to see the fainter lines too) but otherwise - the lines have not been touched.

Very cool!

My attempt went down in a ball of flames, but if you care - it was a swimming pool shot, lane lines, lights etc. Just couldn't get it right.

Congrats Fiddyone! (check your PM's)

I like where you were going with that idea. Would have been neat to see the execution.

Back