• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mapping software

Hi John,

I use Microsoft trips and streets. You live in the DFW area, right? Those routes are not too far from you. Let me know when you're going and I'll meet up with ya.

Dave

Cool. I'm going to get a copy of that program. I've been using mapquest to generate graphics like this... http://lufkinscrc.org/storage/davycrockett.gif

I live in Lufkin which is about halfway between Tyler and Houston on US69. I'm trying to work up a database of rides around, and routes though Lufkin to publish in the web for a reference to visiting riders. Mapquest is a pain for that.

Howdy,

:tab I would gladly pay good money if Delorme would offer their paper maps for each state in digital format!!! They have the best detail of anything I have seen. But they are about $20-$25 for each state and the books are large and bulky. The Map'n'Go software by AAA and Delorme is okay, but lacks the really good detail. It is more for the typical car/RV vacationer that sticks to the main roads. However, it has excellent route features. I may have to go back and play with my copy of Microslop Streets though and give it a change to grow on me.

Adios,

I have Delorme Topo 3D and I love it. I use it for my GPS but it's got all the roads. Scott have you thought about getting Adobe Acrobat.

If you were wanting, digital, I was thinking output. I am sure you are talking resilution sp? with Delorme topo you can create a poster sized map. and with Adobe writer you can make that into a .PFD and do anything you want with it.

Got my copy of Microsoft Streets & Trips installed last night.

Me likey!

I haven't had time to fully explore what it can and cannot do, but it sure beats mapquest!

Back