• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zar's Ranch

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Went out today to ride the trails with Carl, who was breaking in a new to him
CR250:rider:
Figured it would be a good day to just sit and watch the show so I brought the XR big thumper I could just cruise around on and enjoy the day and get some more miles getting used to it since I just picked it up the other day myself

Got to watch Carl learn about the great off road brakes:-P where the power comes on on a CR250 when you twist just a little too much throttle on a single track:rofl: write myself a note never leave home without the go pro:trust:

We rode for a couple of hours the XR will really haul the mail on the single track if you want to wrestle it a bit more than my RM and hills are a hoot as I was heading up slopes with ease reminded me of my old XR500 just point and roll the throttle if you can hang on it will crawl to the top.

Traded with Carl as he wanted my impression of his CR great bike for the short time I rode it. I headed off and after about 3 minutes looked back and Carl had not made it over the second rise. I turned around and quickly zipped back so as to hopefully be able to :rofl: at whatever mishap he had done to himself.(if you can't laugh at friends what good are they)

I found Carl looking a bit winded, standing near a felled tree and a listing to port XR:eek2:

Carl seemed fine for the most part (later inventory revealed a nasty swelling of the wrist area) and the XR had made its presence know to the tree as it knocked off a chunck about 4' tall and a foot or so thick:eek2:

Carl decided to go back to his CR and one broken zip tie later the XR was as good as new

We rode some more met my lovely wife and daughter for some Mexican food and then Carl was off to get more geezer candy (Aleve)

Good way to end the year, riding with a good friend :clap::clap:

Sam sorry you could not come out to play today

Sam and Shirley were eating pie with Electrified:eat: maybe next time;-)

I had a blast today Bud. Thanks for coming out and riding with me on my maiden voyage. :thumb:

The CR is definitely a different animal from my WR. Warp speed in a nano second with a slight flick of the wrist, as long as you're not too for down in the revs that is. I thought the tire that's on back wasn't doing a very good job as it would start spinning rather easily. If it wasn't for the fact that the bike was leaping forward, I would think it was a bad choice for the terrain or had gotten hard. :mrgreen: The bike flicks great and if you want to slow down, the brakes are needed. No engine braking whatsoever.

Power down low really isn't that bad but it is kind of wimpy compared to the 4 stroke. Get it up on the pipe however, and the trees start coming at you way too quickly. :brainsnap

Yeah, that tree limb was no match for the mighty XR, my left shoulder and forearm. Right now my shoulder doesn't feel too bad and most of the swelling in my forearm right just above the wrist has gone down. I'll teach that tree to jump out in front of me again.

The funny thing is that the only time I dropped the CR was trying to kick start it (sure missing the magic button) and sinking the kickstand into the mud. I actually did that before we took off on our first ride. Of course, Bud was there to see it. :argh:

The rest of the last day of the old year was great. Had a chica chica boom boom plate at Chuy's with Bud & family. :eat: Dining with the girls added tons of class to a couple of old misfits that's for sure. :rofl:

Thanks again Bud, what a great way to end the year. :thumb:

Now it'll be time to start off the new year properly. Back to Zars on Monday for round 2 of CR initiation. :rider:

Indeed a great day Carl, Sam the Pie Run was fun I am sure, I thought about it but the ZRX has rebelled from its neglect with a dead battery:doh:

But all was not lost as Amber made Brownies for tonight when we got in:eat:

Indeed a great day Carl, Sam the Pie Run was fun I am sure, I thought about it but the ZRX has rebelled from its neglect with a dead battery:doh:

Yessir, mine did too. Had to buy a new battery back in October.

But all was not lost as Amber made Brownies for tonight when we got in:eat:

That girl was not going to be deprived of her brownies. :eat:

:rofl:

Nice write up Carl. I always loved that 2-stroke power band but never rode anything bigger than a 125. I can only imagine the shock factor of a CR-250 if you've never had any time on 2 stroke. :eek2:

Nice write up Carl. I always loved that 2-stroke power band but never rode anything bigger than a 125. I can only imagine the shock factor of a CR-250 if you've never had any time on 2 stroke. :eek2:

Yeah Steve, the last 2-stroke I was on was a 70's DT175 and YZ80 (MX80?). I was in high school then too so it's been a while. :lol2:

Back