• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

just looked at High Island to Sea Rim

ysr612

Reaction score
just rode from High Island to Sea Rim to see what it looked like.

Not to bad some soft sand but mostly a good ride.

shot some pictures

High Island bridge

IMG1324-XL.jpg

start of beach headed to Sea Rim not many people on it and those were in the first mile or two. This is a nude beach not anybody that anyone would want to look at there.

IMG1326-XL.jpg

much of it is still the old 87 but in no shape to ride fast over.

IMG1328-XL.jpg

however much is pleasant to ride on

IMG1332-XL.jpg

some of the sand was softer then it looked and I wasn't watching where I was riding

IMG1333-XL.jpg

this is what the beach tends to look like after a couple of years of no clean up

IMG1335-XL.jpg

nice road runs parallel to the beach in many places

IMG1336-XL.jpg

few more pictures

IMG1337-XL.jpg

IMG1339-XL.jpg

IMG1342-XL.jpg

plastic bottles break down in about a month or two on the beach plastic boats take much longer

IMG1347-XL.jpg

IMG1351-XL.jpg

edit I had a picture in there twice

as to riding it in the spring there may be more nudes out there in the spring but I do not think most nudes I have seen out there are easy on the eyes.:eek2:

Small bikes would be best. I could have done it on the TransAlp but that would have been a lot of work.

I did pick up the binoculars I could not tell the brand one tube was broken off and the other full of water. It is not likely they would have been salvageable

I would prefer the winter. Less crowds and lower tides.

Thanks for the post ysr. Looks like a good place to truck the DR to and ride both ways for something to do on the fly. :rider:

BTW, y'all still make those jalapeno pickled eggs? :eat:

I would prefer the winter. Less crowds and lower tides.

Thanks for the post ysr. Looks like a good place to truck the DR to and ride both ways for something to do on the fly. :rider:

BTW, y'all still make those jalapeño pickled eggs? :eat:

I am thinking if next weekend is nice I am planing on camping out near that plastic boat.

I haven't made the eggs for a while; I do need to as I have missed them as well.

wife is after me to make some more angryscott shortbread. :eat:

GREAT PICS

did that stretch on the KLR650 while making my LOOP AROUND THE EDGE OF TEXAS

lotsa fun!

think i would like a TW200, next time

bet the fat tires would be nice

keep up the good work

shiny side up

Great report, great pictures. I did that stretch in a Jeep after IKE, there was some weird stuff on the beach.

How did those tires do overall?

Great report, great pictures. I did that stretch in a Jeep after IKE, there was some weird stuff on the beach.

How did those tires do overall?

bike is so light that the tires did just fine. I was not riding MX speeds I think the fastest I went was about 40mph but it took me 1.75 hours to cover 20 miles so you can see how slow I was riding. I also kept my street pressure as the trip was spur of the moment (had been looking at birds in Anahuac) so I had no pump. In short they are not off road knobbies but did OK.

I have covered it a couple of times with the DRZ and that is much quicker.

Ibis at Anahuac
IMG1316-XL.jpg

Great RR.

What was the old jetty or Wharf used for, I know 2 hurricanes hit the place, but they look like they fell apart from old age. Anyone know. Wiki only has bird habitat info.

Last edited:
Great RR.

What was the old jetty or Wharf used for, I know 2 hurricanes hit the place, but they look like they look like they fell apart from old age. Anyone know. Wiki only has bird habitat info.

way back in the depression days +/- there were gambling piers in gaveston

wonder if these were similar

also... back during the time of prohibition, that part of our coast was heavily involved in smuggling & bootlegging along rollover beach

certainly is a ponderment, isn't it?

shiny side up

some of those things that look like jetties were the remains of the geotube test. others are the remains of buildings that are now in the water because of where the beach has shifted.

according to Google maps the large concrete platform out in the water is ARCO heliport.

edit I went back and the geotubes were in a very different place then I had thought. So I was wrong on that

way back in the depression days +/- there were gambling piers in gaveston

wonder if these were similar

also... back during the time of prohibition, that part of our coast was heavily involved in smuggling & bootlegging along rollover beach

certainly is a ponderment, isn't it?

shiny side up

I was racing sail boats off Galveston back in the 90's. We would park the boat in about 20 feet of water on the east side of the jetty. We were very careful to keep our white 360 anchor light running all night as big cigarette boats all black would come in very fast about 0200 many nights.

as I said in the another post I was down on the beach Sunday. The ocean was much further from the grass line so it was a more comfortable ride. I thought I would ride down to the broken plastic boats so that is what I did.

just some more pictures

here is the old geotubes these were under water last week when I came past them. I thought the old road way was them but it was 6 miles down the beach from here.

IMG1359-XL.jpg

terns and gulls on the beach

IMG1352-XL.jpg

these are not jelly fish floats and the blue stuff is not tentacles.

IMG1355-XL.jpg

I did some tracking here are signs of deer.

IMG1357-XL.jpg

here are sighs of motorcycle

IMG1393-XL.jpg

here are signs of tigers eye or moon snail.

IMG1358-XL.jpg

my wife as a master of fine arts so she is always looking for things on the beach she like sea glass. I felt if sea glass was good then sea glasses must be better on the premise that more is always better and glasses is the plural of glass, right.

so here is my collections of sea glasses photos

IMG1368-XL.jpg

next

IMG1369-XL.jpg

if there is a lens missing is it still glasses

IMG1375-XL.jpg

next

IMG1382-XL.jpg

the next two are a sort of stretch

IMG1383-XL.jpg

IMG1390-XL.jpg

one last picture of them

IMG1385-XL.jpg

I do feel the beach has many fans so I did shoot a picture of one of those as well

IMG1392-XL.jpg

all items found on about 200 meters of beach and no sea glass was harmed in the filming of this event.

here are sighs of motorcycle

IMG1393-XL.jpg

Nice photos, especially the one above. Too funny as that is my rear tire, I can tell by the unique pattern and we rode the beach earlier on Sunday. Michelin T63, every third row of lugs has a wig wagged rain bar. Too bad we missed each other out there but then again I don't like to slow down or stop for photos.

_

I did not know you could still run at route. Last time I ran it was in about 02 I'm thinking on my '00 KLR, solo and Kenda 270 tires. Looks to be a fun route still. Thanks for sharing.

Back