• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finally, a new custom front fender

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I have been talking to Dale about his new custom replacement front fender and new custom sport fairing for awhile now, and my prayers about finally getting a new good looking front fender for my 1250 has finally arrived.

I was lucky enough to see the front fender and fairing mounted on Dales 1250dyno mule at his get together last year up at his place in Yerington NV, and the fairing and front fender looks awesome.

So Dale from Holeshot Performance called me yesterday and told me that I will be receiving the very first of his new custom hand laid fiberglass fenders, thank you Dale :dude:. I've never really cared for the stock front fender, as it looks like something that Bat Man would have on his bike.

So its on its way to me, and as soon as I get it which should be sometime this week, I'll bolt it on and post up pictures of it. The fender looks so great in the glossy black gel coat finish. and I am going to run it like that for a little while, and then have it and my frame covers color match painted in the factory Candy Sonoma Red paint.

Dale has told me several times all about the guy he has making the front fender and fairing for him, and that he's known him for years, and apparently he is a world renown custom fiberglass guy who does a lot of restoration repairs on very expensive fiberglass bodied race and custom cars, as well as also doing custom prototype bodies for a lot of the major high end car manufacturers. :rider:

Fender_3_.jpg

Its a plain front guard painted black . Not stirring much emotion in me but i
dont mind the original .

Nice. Can't wait to see it on the bike.........in RED!

It's in black gel coat finish right now, but I plan on having it and my frame covers color match painted in the factory candy sonoma red paint. It's also a little over 4" longer than the stock fender is on the bottom end which is going to allow less crap to get thrown up on the bike also.

I'm going to install is as is with the black gel coat finish this weekend and run it like that until I have it painted, which in the short term should looks pretty good next to my black powder coated lower legs, and its going to really improve the looks of the bike in a big way IMHO, and just in case anybody asks, no I'm not going to have it slathered with carbon fiber. :lol2:

I can't wait until I get the fender and frame covers painted to match the rest of the bike. The fender is a little over 4" longer in the back end than the stock fender which make it looks a lot better, and keeps crap from getting thrown up on the bike. :rider:

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

that last photo makes it look chipped at the front left - is it just me?????

Naw , just shadow. Funny, but I was just reading an article on shadows in a photo web site yesterday. My other hobby! ;-)

I dont mind the original front guard but i've gone done the street-fighter look
which it kind of suits .I did realise it was very large so i got into it with an
angle grinder .
IMG_3741.jpg

The original
IMG_3730.jpg

That thing look WILD. Good job Tasi. It's amazing how you can go to what you have developed to what I tour on with the same basic package.
IMG_0256.jpg

The color that the painter mixed using the color code he found for the paints they use, which came up with the same YHL paint code for the factory Candy Sonoma Red paint, ended up not even being close to the correct color, so I was forced to go over to ColorRite, about 8 miles from my house and spend $189 on a half pint each of the base and the color coat (red), but the painter did an excellant job, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I have a little over half of each of the base and the color left over. which is more than enought to paint another fender, so if anyone is planning on doing this, contact me.

012.jpg

011.jpg

007.jpg

Strange ,i now think the guard looks real nice and suits your bike .Top job .

My belly pan is now looking nerviously at the angle grinder and rightly so i think .

A pic of my new blinkers .(rear are diff )
IMG_3744.jpg

Is it just me or did anyone like the black fender better on MM's bike? I liked how it tied into the side covers and formed a nice line starting with the seat. It looked more sporting.

The red fender, while it has very nice paint, makes it look more touring to me ala Goldwing. That is even more so on MM's bike because of all the nicely polished PCs.

Is MM going for bling or sport? That is what I can't seem to figure out. Maybe he is just shooting for his own unique style. ;-)

It likely has to do with the Candy Sonoma Red. That seems to be a lot like a Goldwing color. At least the name is. The bike looks so different in that color than the black.

I've got to either get that fender or an extender. I am tired of cleaning crud off the pipes. Since a Holeshot header is likely going on the shopping cart tomorrow I'll want to protect it.

That looks pretty cool. Sort of like the vented fenders on race cars. I think it goes nicely with the streetfighter look.

Back