• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Have you been getting errors when trying to view the MEGA thread?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

I need to know if anyone has been getting errors when trying to view the Bandit MEGA thread? The only one reported thus far looks like:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43387 bytes) in /home/twtexco/public_html/forums/showthread.php

IF you have been getting this, have you gotten it on ANY other threads, or just on the MEGA thread?

Never seen it in any of the mega threads, however there is more visual content and thus scripting in the Bandit thread.

No problem here. I use to have problems with some of the major stuff offshore years back because it was so slow. But, not here or on the road so far.

Hmmm... the one person reporting a problem has no problem when using his wife's computer... Not sure what it could be about a particular computer that would cause a problem viewing only one thread of all the threads here :ponder:

Maybe he's got too much stuff running in the background that loads on start-up?????

sticky this for future reference

But, no problems form home desktop or laptop, school desktop, or phone.

You may already know this but based on the error it looks like he ran out of space for swap files on his hard drive; at least 134 gig sounds like a hard drive. You might encourage him to delete his browsing history.

The only other possibility is that YOUR server ran out of disk space, but not likely, since no one else reported the problem.

"134217728 bytes" = 134,217,728 bytes = 134 MB not GB! Is the guy running an old 80186 or something?

No problems loading Mega Thread for me. Long live MEGA Thread! :borg:

The only other possibility is that YOUR server ran out of disk space, but not likely, since no one else reported the problem.

:tab Our server is not even remotely close to running out of disk space. I have three 750 GB drives and I think the total storage for my personal stuff, TWT, and ST-Owners.com is maybe a few GB at most.

TWT wouldn't load for me earlier this morning - does that count?

:tab Occasionally, we get an error that sends the CPU load into outer space. We have never been able to isolate it and solve it. When it does happen, there is a script that watches for it and it shuts down/restarts the MySQL server, which takes maybe 30-45 seconds. If you try to access the database with a new page load during these few seconds, you will likely get a server busy message.

I've had very few misfires when accessing TWT. Thanks for a great job of keeping the site up.

Back