• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Eight BBQ - Stephenville, Texas

Reaction score
If you like hard wood smoked BBQ, it's as good as any in Texas and close to some great roads close to DFW. Located on the east side of town near the intersection of US67 and 281..

The pork chop is an 1" thick, bone in, lightly peppered on the outside, and red inside from the smoking and .. Just try it.:eat3:

My buddies get the brisket and sausage every time and never look back. The chicken is good, but not the best in Texas.. The Tbone is great.. The pinto beans are FREE with a sandwich or Ala Carte meal and as good as any you will ever have.

The Hard Eight is very cycle friendly and Stephenville is close to great roads. Try FM205 to FM51 to FM203 to FM927 to FM1238 (EXCELLENT ROAD) to FM219 (West or East).. Not bad.

Man, I have to agree. I like the Hard Eight better than Cooper's. Great atmosphere and the best pork chop I've EVER sank my teeth into.

It was one of the few times I violated Rule #1 of my friend Pat's Rules For Life. Rule #1 specifically says "Never eat anything bigger'n your head." :lol2:

Well, I did and I'm glad!

Hard Eight BBQ rocks and is way better than Coopers IMHO.

If you like it and live in the metromess, it gets better. There will be a new Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell sometime in early 07.

I forsee a Tarrant Co Meet n Greet there (even if it is Dallas Co)

Got to get out there and try it soon. I've been trying to make it out there for 2 years now.
Don't know what the issue is I have driven 250 mile just for good BBQ before. Guess I just need to stop typing and start riding.

Reminds me I need to do a write up on the Salt Lick.

Better than Cooper's? You guys have my curiosity, and taste buds aroused! Next time I'm heading down to Hill Country, I'll stop for lunch at the Hard Eight, and dinner at Cooper's, just to see for myself :eat:

It is better than Coopers, I stopped there riding up to OKC for Fathers Day in 2005. The only bad thing about it is that is is pretty far from Austin for regular trips. If the DFW folks have another BBQ Run there I might just have to make it and make a run to Braums in Mineral Wells.

There is also a location in Brady: link

They also list the Coppell location! :thumb:

Coopers has the market cornered on Pork steak . No one place has the best of everything , Coopers is Pork steak , Hard 8 Stephenville is Sirloin , Saltlick is Ribs , Coopers Mason had some of the best brisket the one time I went there but pork wasn't as good as Llano . I need to work on my research some more there are plenty more places to check . SEYA

A BBQ Triangle....so much BBQ, so little time....:eat:

Attachments

• The Barbeque Triangle (Small).JPG
    The Barbeque Triangle (Small).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 174
Hmmm. I posted the original message this time last year. No one replyed until Friday.

I am concerned that I will gain too much weight going to the new Coppell location that I won't be able to get on the VFR and ride to Stephenville... We should all have these problems.

Back