• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Frame sliders

Any one know if the lower fairings over in Britain are the same as the north american lower fairings?
Looking to get the R&G frame sliders ordered up for my bike ut unsure if the fitment is the same.

These are the ones im looking at.
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Suzuki/Bandit_1250GT_(Faired)/2008/CP0236BL.aspx

The Suzuki factory lowers are the same the world over. PowerBronze make a different lower fairing, but it is not a factory part. The British GSF1250GT, the Canadian SEA all have the same lowers. If a part is listed for any Bandit 1250 anywhere with a factory lower fairing, it will fit.

I will try not to buy R&G products. I got a few of their products and their R&D sucks. Front forks slider bobbin too small and short. some stuffs does not fit perfectly .

Hi kewwig, how much you pay for the frame sliders and shipping ?? Though of getting it for my bike . Thanks .

I originally got mine through Twisted Throttle for about USD$200. I got replacement parts for the right side only from GSG Mototechnik in Germany delivered to New Zealand for a total of 82,15 Euro. It was a bit of messing round with international money transfers (German banks charge a fee, so beware) as they don't do Paypal or take credit cards.

I see them for sale at http://www.whaccessories.com/Suzuki-Sliders-GSF-1250-Bandit-OEM-Lowers.htm for USD$220

They are not cheap, and it's more cost effective to forgo the lowers and have normal sliders, but that's the price we pay to dress the Bandit up, I guess!

I see you have the GSX, so GSG do sliders for them too. One set comes out through the fairing vent and you can get a mini set on the lower engine mount:

http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/

Attachments

• s-gsx1250f-10-060aa.jpg
    s-gsx1250f-10-060aa.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 276
Nice. Thanks. Will check with them again for the shipping charges. Too bad they dun have paypal and only bank tranfers.

If you are in singapore...check out Motovation Singapore for sliders. There is a Motovation USA here in Austin, but there is another one in Singapore. I am a bit biased on the quality, so I wont go into that. But they may have something for you.

I called Motovation in Singapore and they told me they dun have anything except the barends for my bike. I like the quality and finishing of their products. Used to have all the sliders on my 09 FZ1.

Ordered the GSG frame sliders and Sato engine sliders.
Bike off getting R1 forks with external adjustment and Elka 4 way remote adjust rear shock installed.
Will post up pics when she's back and finished up.

Does anyone know if the gsg frame sliders stick out further than the R&G sliders(for the gsx1250fa)? I was reading another post saying the r&g sliders stick out past the stock turn signals I was wondering if the gsg did the same

See my signature. But they don't stick out past the stock turn signals - personally, I like them the way they are. Now I need lower sliders to protect the engine/tranny covers (ask me how I know:doh:).

Tom

You really need to look at the way any frame slider attaches to the bike, for there are a lot of them out there that due to how they attach to the frame can actually cause more damage than they are supposed to prevent, by bending the frame, or the frame mount they are attached to, and this is something that I always knew could be a problem with a lot of the ones I've seen for sale.

You can find lots of info on the pros and cons of frame sliders and lots of stories of how they have cause frame damage on some models of bikes due to them concentrating the force of the impact to a small mounting area, but I think that if the crash is severe enough they aren't going to do much to protect your bike from serious damage. I personally don't have any frame sliders on my bike, but if I were going to put something on to protect it, I would buy a multi mounting point crash bar like the ones Holeshot sells.

You can find lots of info on the pros and cons of frame sliders and lots of stories of how they have cause frame damage on some models of bikes due to them concentrating the force of the impact to a small mounting area, but I think that if the crash is severe enough they aren't going to do much to protect your bike from serious damage. I personally don't have any frame sliders on my bike, but if I were going to put something on to protect it, I would buy a multi mounting point crash bar like the ones Holeshot sells.

I know what you mean, I'm mostly using it for stand still/low speed falls. I have a newphew that likes to touch my bike(no matter how many times I tell him him not to(he's 8) and one day he actually knocked it over(by leaning on it like a wall) the frame sliders would have saved my bike in that case. I'm planning on buying the full slider set (gsg frame sliders, gsg engine sliders, lsl engine sliders, gsg fork sliders, gsg swingarm sliders, r&g bar end sliders) just for a peace of mind

I know what you mean, I'm mostly using it for stand still/low speed falls. I have a newphew that likes to touch my bike(no matter how many times I tell him him not to(he's 8) and one day he actually knocked it over(by leaning on it like a wall) the frame sliders would have saved my bike in that case. I'm planning on buying the full slider set (gsg frame sliders, gsg engine sliders, lsl engine sliders, gsg fork sliders, gsg swingarm sliders, r&g bar end sliders) just for a peace of mind

When the FA fell over on its right side, the radiator was bent, the fairing scratched and the tip of the brake lever broke off. :angryfire After installing the slider (upper only), it fell over on the left - lower engine cover was scratched up, but nothing else. Worthwhile investment just for tip-overs when not moving, IMHO.

Tom

When the FA fell over on its right side, the radiator was bent, the fairing scratched and the tip of the brake lever broke off. :angryfire After installing the slider (upper only), it fell over on the left - lower engine cover was scratched up, but nothing else. Worthwhile investment just for tip-overs when not moving, IMHO.

Tom

So what caused you to drop your bike twice will at a standstill.

Twice I have almost dropped my bike to the left side in my garage when I went to put it down on the side stand, which wasn't fully deployed, but luckily I still had ahold of the handle bars and was able to keep it from falling over completely and nothing got damaged. So now I make darn sure the bike is sitting down properly on the side stand before walking away letting go of and waking away from it.

I need to pull my side stand off shortly and clean and grease it, and when I do I'm going to see if I can remove a little material from it where it contacts the stop on the frame to allow it to swing forward a few more degrees so that its less likely to roll off the side stand.

I ordered the full gsg frame slider set from wild hair accessories (Jan 2) and it's taking a long time to come in, has anyone ordered from them before? I'm starting to think I'm getting scammed

After waiting almost 2 months, my gsg frame sliders came in
36MwO.jpg

rGg.jpg

kJ1.Zb.jpg

kLeEMi.jpg

The only problem is that the instructions are in german, so I have no clue on how to install it
016Zt.jpg

i66W.jpg

Back