• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Family Powersports

Reaction score
My advise...Whatever you do, do not order via the internet from this organization. http://shop.familypowersports.com/index.htm

I ordered a small, Victory specific part, on 2/3 a Friday, via their website. The price was good, they wouldn't charge to ship, and it would save me diving across DFW, since there aren't a bunch of Victory dealers around. I called the following Tuesday (2/7), just to see what's up, since you can't track your order on line, and nothing tells you if it is in stock, backordered or whatever. The part had to come from Victory, and that's understood. Evidently, they get a Polaris/Victory shipment each Monday, and they are closed, so that doesn't get processed until Tuesday. Well, I wasn't too surpirsed when my part missed that first Monday(2/6). Also as a side note, they only send an email confirmation that you have placed your order. Ok, so here is where things get bad, at least in my eyes. When I called on the following Tuesday (2/14), I was told that the part was in that shipment, and should be out the door soon. I was told that I would get an email stating that it was ready for pickup, which (this was strange I thought) meant that it would be shipped that day or the next. The office is in San Angelo, so they figure a couple of shipping days. Of course, you don't get an email with a tracking number.

Well, got my 'ready for pickup' email, on 2/14, just as was promised. So I figure, based on previous conversation, by the weekend, it should be as my door. Saturday comes..nothing. Call them, and asked for tracking so I don't bother them..."umm, our UPS system is down, I can't get the tracking for you". Ok, well, can you email it to me when you get a chance? Sure, no problem. Weekend passes, with no email. No package on Monday or Tuesday (2/20-21). Sent request through there website for a tracking number. Received that, and looked up on UPS, no record of the tracking number. Called up..well, our system states that it is on the truck for delivery. What? Looked again..."Label was just created 2/22" The UPS agent told me that the package hasn't even been picked up yet. Great.

So now, I will watch the tracking number, and see what happens. I don't mind so much if they messed up a bit, and my part sat at the Customer Pickup bin, until it was realized it was meant to be shipped. We are all human. But tell me. Don't just keep shining me on, hoping that I will just go away. And is it really too much to ask for a tracking number to be sent when you order something?

I could have gone local, and I would have had it buy now.

I have had stellar service from Family Power Sports and really urine-poor service from them. I don't know what to think about them because they are really not consistent in their customer service. A friend of mine at work would rather walk to work than buy anything from them and I would too if I experienced what he did. The only reason I still buy from them is because the couple times they went to bat for me as a dealership due to some warranty issues on a now defunct UM. Once fixed I sold the piece of crap but I blame myself for buying it not them—my brain screamed “no” but my wife really preferred it over the Honda Rebel.

Back